Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,624   Online: 1175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spottone waar?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hoi Willie Jan,

Dat ga ik ook eens proberen. heb nu een schoteltje maar dat lijkt te glad om mooie grijswaarden te verkrijgen.

Groet,

ijsbeer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I don't speak Dutch but this is what happened to Spotone. I believe the original owner/manufacturer passed away and this is from a new company.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...t_id=&pid=6062

At least I think this is what you are after!

Mick.
    Hi Mick (and sorry to the forum for the ingels),

I spoke with the owner ...don't remember his name...a few years ago. He was not dead, just tired. (I think I posted on the APUG english forum about it before...here's from my bad memory He had stopped production because of health problems and didn't feel like restarting because there was no longer enough volume to go through the trouble of mixing batches. As well, some of the original analine dyes had been difficult to find, uneconomical to buy for small batches or had been outright discontinued. Somewhere in there was a story about original formulas being accidentally tossed out when he lossed the lease to the old factory.

He told me that Charlie Kalt (BKA/Marshall's) had offered to buy him out, but SpotTone's price was unrealistic (in my opinion). BKA subsequently came up with their lookalike brand (which, as far as I understand, does not have exactly the same characteristics of the original SpotTone. NB: I'm not saying it doesn't work). The old man seemed bitter about the Kalt lookalike.

I had contacted the gentleman on behalf of FotoImpex, who wanted to buy the formulae, but he didn't seem interested enough to come up with an offer. Like I said, he seemed tired.

Hope this helps keep the story straight.

Best,

Christopher

Luc
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi,

Ik heb eind jaren 60 leren retoucheren met Ecoline.
    (ik veronderstel dat ze dat nog steeds in de tekenwinkel verkopen)
    Ik gebruik nog altijd hetzelfde flesje van toen.
    Je moet met een bijna droge borstel werken en veeeeel meer water dan Ecoline gebruiken anders is het veel te zwart.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Nisperos View Post

I spoke with the owner (...)

Hope this helps keep the story straight.

Christopher
    Thanks very much Christopher for this information.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    foto Guy, in Bruusel verkoopt nog Spottone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin