Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,078   Online: 1062

Redlake Hycam - High Speed Camera

1. holmburgers
    Howdy friends,

So I bought a Hycam 16mm (400' model) high-speed camera off craigslist a few weeks ago.

I plugged it in and nada, but there's a lot going on here and so I'm curious if anyone has any experience that they'd be willing to share. I do have the manuals but I haven't gone thru them extensively, so shame on me.

It also came with an Angenieux zoom lens with a reflex prism. I'm curious if this lens will be useful on other 16mm cameras as the mount is slightly odd. Then again, I don't know what to compare it to, so perhaps it's not odd afterall. But anyways, it's screw mount with a notch cut out for the eyepiece tube, which makes me question its utility.

Ideally I'd to shoot on b&w short ends, develop it myself and I'd have a reasonably affordable means to produce awesome footage.

It's capable of 10,000 FPS by the way. That's just crazy. I'm thinking that a more reasonable and useful speed will be in the 50-200 FPS range.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin