Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,896   Online: 954

FD group accidentally deleted.

1. benjiboy
    Dear FD group members,
    Last night when posting a reply about the radioactivity of FD lenses I noticed that our group on the website was duplicated, I tried to delete one of them and to my horror both of them deleted, I immediately informed Sean who tells me nothing can be done to recover from this it was never anticipated in the programme , and the only that I can do is to re-start the group, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this to everyone and hope you will bear with me and continue to support our group and re-join.
  2. Sean
    Sean
    This is somewhat my fault. An unforeseen configuration option allowed group owners the ability to delete their own groups. I have now changed this setting so this will not happen by accident on other groups.

Thanks,
    Sean
  3. Markster
    Markster
    I was sitting there thinking... wait a minute... One of my groups is missing... which one?

D'oh! hehe

So, what were you posting in response to the radioactive lenses discussion?
  4. flatulent1
    flatulent1
    Oops...
  5. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

In addition to the group site being deleted, we were deleted also. (Isn't there a thread on the 35mm camera forum on the topic of "Deleted?") We need to rejoin again also in addition.

And, I was saying that the furor over radioactive lenses is just the proverbial tempest in the teapot. I have not had any fogged film from my Minolta AUTO ROKKOR-PF 1:1.4 f=58mm lenses at any point in the multiple year time period that I have used those lenses.

Should we go through the process of making our introductions again and describing the equipment we have and how we use it?

Enjoy;

Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  6. benjiboy
    benjiboy
    I asked one of my sons who is a nuclear physicist at one of Europe's leading nuclear facility s to research this matter before I bought a FD 35mm f2 Thorium lens , he told me that it was more of a health risk to eat a banana every day http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dose than to own the lens, and as long as I didn't sleep with the under my pillow every night I'd be O.K, and besides if it didn't fog the film in my camera, which it doesn't, there's nothing to worry about.
  7. DWThomas
    DWThomas
    Oh gosh golly -- my inspired prose and previous bits of lucid wisdom are off to the rings of Saturn and I have no back-up ...

Whut to do, whut to do ....

DaveT
  8. semeuse
    semeuse
    I knew something was missing

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin