Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,719   Online: 884

Favorite FD lens?

1. geoff-canon
    Mine is the 24mm f1.4. Good for astrophotography, cave shots, landscape and some indoors shots...

What is yours?
  2. DWThomas
    DWThomas
    I don't have all that many to choose from, but if I'm only taking one lens and can stand the bulk and weight, I go with my 35-105 f/3.5 macro. If the light is low, the old reliable 50mm 1.4 I bought the camera with is the ticket. I've been tempted to add to my FD lenses, but in truth, these days I shoot mostly medium format (and the technology that shall not be named), so I tend to back off spending more money as a matter of practicality.
  3. benjiboy
    benjiboy
    Mine's my chrome nosed FD 35mm f2
  4. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, BenjiBoy;

I have a Canon Pellix-QL, and the optimum lens for use with the reduced light coming to the viewfinder screen because of the half-silvered mirror was the 58/1.2 lens. And, I also like that particular focal length due to its more natural perspective. Yes, it actually is an FL lens, but finding one of the Canon FD 55mm f:1.2 lenses is a challenge.

Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  5. jojuki
    jojuki
    probably will have to say the 50mm 1.4... but also i really like my 35mm 2.8. because it's good enough, and its tiny and cost me a whopping $13! i read somewhere that it is the lightest FD lens.
  6. benjiboy
    benjiboy
    Ralph Javins- I don't know if you know this, but the FL 55mm f1.2 lens can't be used on the Canon New F1 according to the instruction manual, just in case you ever consider buying one.
  7. Andrew Horodysky
    Andrew Horodysky
    FD 50/1.2L
    FD 35/2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin