Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,711   Posts: 1,482,956   Online: 975

Bronica S2a Screw Mount Question

1. flopsie
    Hi everyone-
    after having lots of love for my bronica SQs, i just managed to get an S2a off evilbay. I really wanted to be able to play with lenses and try things that you just cant with a in-lens shutter. Anyway, can anyone tell me what lenses fit that screw mount in the helical thinger? Also, has anyone ever made an adapter so i can use my SQ lenses on it?

My first impressions of the S2a are that its built like a tank, and as heavy as one. It doesn't really seem any louder than my newer Bronicas though, and nothing is as loud as my SQ-am. I can't wait to run my first roll of film through it this weekend.

thanks in advance-
  2. whlogan
    whlogan
    Congrats!!!! You'll have fun with this beastie/ They are super beastiews to work and play with.... nosy and oftimes cantankerous beasties at best, but I've been using them for many years now and I dearly love 'em. Get a 50mm when you can. I like the Nikkor lenses meself, they just seem to ahve that original feel to them that I like, thios the other brand is quite as good, especially the 100mm f2.8 is a especially fine player. Do have some fun there and we'll look for your work in the galleries.
    Logan
  3. nworth
    nworth
    The S2 and early S2As shipped with Nikon Nikkor lenses, and the 75mm f/2.8 Nikkor-P seems to have been pretty well standard. Later, Zenza-Bronica Zenzanon lenses were shipped. They are very good lenses and seem to be pretty much equivalent to the Nikkors. Originally, 50mm f/3.5, 75mm f/2.8, 135mm f/3.5, 200mm f/4, and 400mm f/4.5 Nikkor-P lenses were available.

S2A manuals have appeared on the web from time to time, and I printed one out, but I can't find it now. The S2A was essentially an improved and more reliable S2, and the S2 manual is available from http://www.cameramanuals.org/bronica/bronicaS2.pdf.
  4. JoeA
    JoeA
    In answering your original question, " What's the screw mount for in the helical " ?
    I just found this out, because I saw one for sale on e-bay, I've had these close up rings and didn't know what this particular one was or how to use it.
    Basically there seems to be two types, one type mounts like a regular lens in the helical, then the lens mounts as usual into the close up ring.
    The other type, I wasn't familiar with, screws into the helical then you turn the lens around and screw the lens onto the close up tube using the threads that would usually be used for a filter.

When I saw one listed and described on e-bay, I tried it and, Volia!!, close up photography!!

Hope that helps and enjoy your S2a..

j

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin