Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,149   Online: 887

Old (wise) guys needed 1950's Agfa negative ultra-K

1. StoneNYC
    So I ended up with some AGFA Negative Ultra-K 40 ASA 120 film.

I've already shot one roll and I want to develop it, but it expired in the 1950's.

When I opened the roll I smelled it, didn't seem to have any strong vinegar smell (as after doing some research this was the sign it had gone bad.

Anyway, I still would like to process it but all the chemicals and directions aren't really made anymore, I can't find info on substitutes.

There seems to be a lot of Agfa Negative versions from that time frame and this one was not made for very long, there are a few ultra's and a few K variants as far as I can tell. This is Ultra-K.

I'm on my iPhone now so I'll try and use this app to upload some pictures, not sure if it will work.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge.

~Stone
  2. StoneNYC
    StoneNYC
    Sorry "Agfacolor Negative Ultra-K 40 ASA" my mistake I forgot the Agfacolor, but I know it's different than normal color or c-41 and I do have an lid developing tank that will allow for a second exposure if that's part of the process, anyway any advice would be appreciated.
  3. pentaxpete
    pentaxpete
    In 1968 I used to process the older Agfa films, but they changed to the C41 for negative many years ago - the SLIDE films were changed to the E6 process -- all the older chemiclas were discontinued -- you do NOT re-expose the fillm if it is a NEGATIVE film of course.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin