Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,363   Online: 1054

Lift one up for Kodachrome

1. Robert Brummitt
    As you probably know Kodak has finished producing Kodachrome film. While I was never a big fan of the stock. I believe some of us may miss the red and yellow boxes of film.
    So I suggest we lift a cold one in respect for one of color photography's most important films. I will have a Guiness in its honor and toast, "Here is to one of the great ones. A true trail blazer in its full color, a leader in the field of commercial, amature and fine art photography. When I hear Paul Simmon sing to your status, I will smile."
  2. Chris Sweetman
    Chris Sweetman
    Well Robert Kodachrome 64 is my all time favourite colour film! So I will miss it! However, instead of lamenting of it's passing I am using it now! I have joined the Kodachrome Project site where like minded photographers can support each other in KR64 last year.

Chris
  3. Robert Brummitt
    Robert Brummitt
    OK, so it's been almost a week since the last rolls of Kodakchrome came out of the soup. How do you all feel? Are you breathing? I have about 13 sheets left of my Fuji NPS ready load. I'm planning to use it wisely. Maybe do some portraits or a figure piece. But, once it's gone I'll move on to just regular sheets. I have that to fall on but you folks who are devoted to K. What will you do?
  4. Markster
    Markster
    On the matter of "saving" the film for a good shot, I've sort of been of the opinion that if you start being picky what you shoot, you miss out on good shots you might not expect. Shoot it and enjoy it, is my suggestion.

You may not get stellar shots, but the ones you have will still be memorable as your last roll of NPS. (I'm not familiar with that, personally)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin