Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,146   Online: 1131

Printing on film or transparent surfaces

1. Oringwall
    Hi, I am new to this forum and have sought out its users for help with a project I am working on for my Senior Project at the University of Vermont. I am currently working on an installation based project and I am trying to determine a way to print onto a transparent surface without resorting to anything inkjet related. I have talked to a few people who claim to have experience printing on film and then sandwiching the print between two pains of glass for presentation, however I was unable to extract any more information from them. If anyone has any knowledge on the subject or perhaps a location that I might start looking for information it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  2. Iantoz
    Iantoz
    Hi, Frank Hurley (?) of Antarctic fame photographed directly on to glass plates, I was lucky enough to have seen these original plates some years ago and I was impressed with the quality, even after all these years.

It would seem that there really is "nothing new under the sun".

Dai.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin