Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,405   Online: 714

Bonjour d'Auvergne

1. Romary
    I do not know what is the language of this group. Bonjour to the membre and creator of this group.

There are not a lot of French photographer on APUG.

A reminder for the French speaker from everywhere, fell free to go on the French forum.
  2. kuenstler
    kuenstler
    Salut Romary - unfortunately I must write in English, but that does not mean one cannot communicate in French, German or which ever language one feels comfortable with. I do travel quite a bit but don't meet any other film photographers in France. I am in the Charente close to Jarnac. The French forum is a bit difficult for me to use at the moment, but that is being remedied ;-)

Cheers,

Johnny
  3. Romary
    Romary
    I try to promote the French speaking forum. It not used a lot. That is really a pitty. APUG is the place on internet where you can find the most important numbre of analog photographer.
  4. kuenstler
    kuenstler
    I wish my French were good enough to join the French-speaking group. I suppose I should just to practice
  5. vickersdc
    vickersdc
    Hi there. I'm lucky enough to have a little place in the Ardeche, and do take quite a few images in that region. The Montagne D'Ardechois is a great place to visit (by the Croix de Bauzon), Ruoms is good, the Cirque des Gens is photogenic too. So many opportunities!! The last trip I had my 6x9 folder and my FKD 18x24 out.

Glad I noticed this forum, so 'Hello' to everyone.
  6. Romary
    Romary
    Ruoms, Cirque des Gens, what wonderful places...
  7. vickersdc
    vickersdc
    And the view from the Rocher du Sampzon (right from the top) is truly amazing. At one point, when you look down you can see what appears to be a double height bridge - it's actually two separate bridges, but from that height they are perfectly 'superimposed' to appear as one on top of the other!
  8. kuenstler
    kuenstler
    Greetings Vickersdc,

Please post some pics of your camera and that region. I don't know it - only the Charente and surrounding areas
  9. vickersdc
    vickersdc
    Might take me a few days to get some pictures uploaded, just because I'm currently so busy - but rest assured I will do that. Some will be images from 35mm, but many will be cyanotype pictures taken from Grospierres, Les Vans, Rocher du Sampzon...

David.
  10. vickersdc
    vickersdc
    Actually, I've got a couple of minutes, so here's just a couple of images. These are all cyanotype images...

L'Eglise a Rocher du Sampzon

Rue des Tournelles, Ruoms.

Gite d'Etapes, Grospierre.

Cheers,
    David.
  11. vickersdc
    vickersdc
    Here's another image - it didn't quite work, but as it was experimental I'm not so surprised. However, it was successful enough to make me want to try it some more! It's a cyanotype on glass - the image itself was taken at Ruoms, by the River Ardeche.

12. kuenstler
    kuenstler
    David,

I very much like that style. Cyanotype is new to me (in that I've never taken that path). What are you shooting with?

Cheers,

Johnny
  13. vickersdc
    vickersdc
    A mixture of cameras really - the images are either my large format FKD (18x24cm) or my 6x9 folder. I have other images that were taken with a Nikon EM (or F4) or a digital camera, but then printed using cyanotype.
  14. kuenstler
    kuenstler
    David,

How much time does it take to process and print one image?

Johnny

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin