Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,878   Posts: 1,629,507   Online: 1007

Graphic back

1. snapguy
    I have a 4x5 Crown Graphic and need five screws to hold the back in place. They are 3/8" self tapping #2 binding (pan) head and 1/2 inch of the same type. Does anyone now where I can get some of these? I found one source that will sell me 1000 of them for over $100 another who will sell me five for $30, handmade. Thanks.
  2. mopar_guy
    mopar_guy
    You could try your local hardware store. The screws look a lot like wood screws.

Dave
  3. snapguy
    snapguy
    Thanks. I have tried four hardware stores including two big boxes. I also tried Radio Shack and a large hobby store. I found a guy who will make me five machine screws for $30 and a firm that will sell me a minimum of 100 of each size for over $100 box. So I am still looking.
  4. Bertil
    Bertil
    Have you tried Ebay? I at least found some small things for my Graphic to make some repair by searching on Ebay!
  5. snapguy
    snapguy
    Thanks. I did look and will keep looking. Ya never know what pops up from time to time.
  6. snapguy
    snapguy
    Well, I finally determined that the screws I purchased at Radio Shack are the right size and length as per the Graflex service and parts manuals. They are the right size (#2) but are too long. Strange because the manual calls for two /2" and three 3/8" screws. There is another one I did not notice, half hidden under the focus screen subassembly. So my next step is to cut the screws down so they will fit. Onward and upward.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin