Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,063   Online: 1033

Scanners

1. gr82bart
    OK there have been a lot of scanner questions lately, what scanners do people use. What are some of the features and functions you like about your scanner?

Regards, Art
  2. Savvycfi
    Savvycfi
    Epson V700... Haven't even scratched the surface of what this thing can do.
  3. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, Art;

The only one in stock right now is a Minolta Dual Scan, Mark I, Mod 0, for 35mm film and transparencies. It does require a SCSI port on its host computer. It is something that I have not yet begun to feel comfortable around. There is no support for it, really; they seem to prefer starting with the Minolta Scan Dual II. I am not sure how to evaluate how or what it is doing. My original intent was to purchase the Nikon CoolScan 9000ED with the ability to do Medium Format also, but this Minolta came up for a much lower price, and I yielded to temptation. I still need to get the 9000ED for the MF stuff. I am beginning to think that there is some sort of a conspiracy here.

As I continue to try working with this thing, I will provide progress reports, if I make any progress.

Enjoy; Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington
  4. Ann M
    Ann M
    Hi Art,
    A few months ago I bought a Minolta Dimage Multi Pro on Ebay and I'm using it with Vuescan and Vista 64-bit. It works well, with the only problem being that I sometimes have to unplug the firewire connection and then plug it in again to get Vuescan to see it. I'm still getting used to using it but have found it very good for both 35mm and 120. Hopefully it will continue that way!!
  5. yurihuta
    yurihuta
    Late to the game... I have a Nikon Coolscan LS-8000 and a pair of LS-4000 scanners.

Has anyone looked into the newly released PrimeFilm 120 http://www.scanace.com/product/pf_120.html? It looks like it is selling for just shy of $2000.
  6. MattKing
    MattKing
    This thread on DPUG.ORG discusses it, but there is no first-hand experience referred to:

http://www.dpug.org/forums/f6/new-pa...perience-2454/
  7. jpreston
    jpreston
    I like my Canon CanoScan 9000F. Just really getting to know how to use it, but so far the results are as good as what I got from NCPS when I had them process and scan.
  8. lhaggman
    lhaggman
    I have a HP S20 scanner that I bought about 15 years ago. In the beginning I used it quite often but then I started to use a local photo shop to scan my negatives. Last year they finished this service so I thought I had to start scanning myself again. My old computer with Windows XP crashed so I had to buy a new one, which happened to have Windows 7 as the operative system. There is no driver for the HP S20 to use with Windows 7. So I had to start up an old computer with Windows XP. I lost my software for S20 in the computer crash so I had to take new software from the net. The scanner used to work like an angel in the old days but with the new driver it has lost the ability to transform negatives to positive. I.e. I can not use the functions for colour changes etc. Is this a known problem with the software that you take down from the net, which should be the last one from Hewlett Packard, can I get an older version of the software from some other site, or is this caused by the hardware, the scanner itself?
  9. GRHazelton
    GRHazelton
    Epson V700 with the Betterscanning.com carrier and anti-Newton's Rings glass for 120. With this combo and some admittedly fiddly setup I can get scans that are sharp corner to corner. I should look into ANRG for the Epson 35mm carrier. The scans are loaded into Lightroom 5 (I also shoot digital with a Pentax K5 ) where they serve as a searchable catalog for my negatives. Why reinvent the wheel? The scans are good enough to let me choose negatives for printing. Cheaper than making contacts!
  10. Sirius Glass
    Sirius Glass
    Does anyone know if the Epson 4490 Photo scanner compatible with Windows ? I also posted on DPUG.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin