Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,477   Online: 890

Heads up re forthcoming Stieglitz exhibition at AGNSW

1. Seabird
    June 17 - September 5 2010

Alfred Stieglitz: the Lake George years

Art Gallery of NSW

http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/exh...ming/stieglitz

From the link above:

"Lake George brought forth some of the most sublime photographs of the 20th century, whether of people or place. It was where Alfred Stieglitz (1864-1946) conceived his remarkable cloud photographs the Equivalents, possibly the most visionary works to exist in the photographic medium, spawning the era of ‘straight’ photography worldwide.

This will be the first exhibition of the photographs of Alfred Stieglitz ever held in Australia. It will present works rarely seen together, from prestigious institutions including the National Gallery of Art Washington, the Museum of Modern Art New York, Metropolitan Museum of Art New York, J Paul Getty Museum Los Angeles and Museum of Fine Arts Boston, among others.

The exhibition includes 150 photographs and publications from the 1910s to the 1930s, including some of Stieglitz’s earliest ‘straight’ photographs, later editions of the journal Camera Work and portraits, including from the remarkable series of his wife Georgia O'Keeffe."

Hope this is of interest to some.

Cheers

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html
  2. largeformat pat
    largeformat pat
    Carey,
    I will have to make the pilgrimage to the big smoke to see that one. May try and meet up with a few of you city folks whilst I'm down there.
    Pat
  3. Anthony Lewis
    Anthony Lewis
    I'll be going too. If anyone wants to meet up, I'll be in that?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin