Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,684   Posts: 1,482,248   Online: 1059

Leaving Geelong

1. Wyno
    Hi everyone,
    Some of you already know, but for those that don't, I recently missed out on getting my own job in a restructure at the Gordon TAFE so I will be leaving Geelong in late January and moving to Canberra. I won't have access to a computer until I can afford to buy one, which may be later rather than sooner. This means that I won't know if anyone has sent me pm's until I finally get back on line. So please don't be angry with me if I don't reply for quite a while.
    I will still be taking pictures though.
    cheers
    Mike
  2. Kevin Caulfield
    Kevin Caulfield
    As mentioned on the print exchange post, sorry to hear that Mike. I was going to ask if you were moving to Canberra anyway, or because you lost the job, but I guess you've answered that. I'm sure we'll be patient waiting for you to get back online, and I hope it's sooner rather than later. Please do keep taking photos, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help, and keep in touch when you can. Good luck.
  3. Wyno
    Wyno
    Thanks Kev. I'm going to have to find a darkroom space now too.
    Mike
  4. Kevin Caulfield
    Kevin Caulfield
    No worries, Mike. If you need to use a darkroom in the interim, you are welcome to use mine.
  5. Wyno
    Wyno
    Thanks Kev
  6. OldBikerPete
    OldBikerPete
    I dunno what happened. Several threads suddenly appeared.

That really sucks, Mike. Maybe an upside can be that you'll get a whole lot of new inspiration.

Then again, it's Canberra.

Good luck.

Peter.
  7. Ian David
    Ian David
    Sorry to hear your news Mike.
    On the bright side, plenty of good landscape opportunities around Canberra, if that is your bag. I think it is a particularly Australian landscape.
    All the best with the move
    Ian
  8. Wyno
    Wyno
    Thanks everyone. As soon as I get my own computer, I'll get back online and catch up. Bye for now.
    Mike
  9. largeformat pat
    largeformat pat
    Mike you are getting closer to a 8x10 enlarger. Good luck with the move.
    Pat
  10. Wyno
    Wyno
    Well, we've sold the house, Jenni's got a job as a nurse at Canberra hospital, and through a friend of hers, it looks as though I might get a job with MSS, a large security firm. We'll be leaving Geelong on January 17th, so today, being the hottest day sofar this summer (43 degrees C) I thought I'd take some shots of some historic houses in the Geelong area. I should've asked Steve to come along, but it was a last minute decision and his missus might've been a tad upset at being woken at 6.30 in the morning when she's 8 months pregnant. I think I got some good shots before the heat got too much and the wind started to pick up. I think I've still got access to the darkroom at the Gordon until I leave so I'll go there when it reopens on Janurary 4th. I still haven't got my 8x10 Velvia shots back from my friend who works(ed) at Lab X. I've emailed him to find out if they're still operating but I haven't got a reply yet, so I've got my fingers crossed.
    Happy New Year to you all
    Mike
  11. SteveR
    SteveR
    Ahhhh, I definitely would have been up for that... until the wind picked up of course!
  12. OldBikerPete
    OldBikerPete
    Happy New Year to you all. Best of luck to you and Jenni, Mike, in that creative vacuum of Canberra.
    Peter.
  13. Wyno
    Wyno
    Soon not to be a creative vacuum, coz I'm gonna be there. LOL
    Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin