Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,667   Online: 944

Just found you !

1. pentaxpete
    Oh YES -- pentaxpete MUST join in this Group as I have LOADS of M42 stuff still ! I first got Pentax in 1963-4 when I was working with a local Studio and one of the Partners had been in the RAF Singapore and brought back these weird-sounding 'Asahi PENTAX' cameras -- a K and S. we who were brought up on Zeiss Tessars and Leitz Summars had never heard of these 'Takumar' screw-thread lenses but the RESULTS -- well, much better than my un-coated 50mm f1.5 Sonnar I had for my Contax III I had bought in Berlin when in the Army there 1956-58. Then when the British Government relaxed the Import Restrictions an Asahi Pentax S3 appeared in the window of a local Camera Dealer with a small crowd pressing their noses to the glass in addmiration -- I rushed in,gave my Contax in part-exchange (£38) and rushed out a proud PENTAX owner -- the REST (they say) is HISTORY !
    Now I have M42 Pentax SMC Takumars 24mm,35mm,50mm 105mm,135mm,150mm 200mm 50mm f4 SMC Macro,and some East German 35mm Flektogon,135mm f4 Carl Zeiss,50mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss Tessar for my free Prakticas, a Russian 85mm f2 I got at the Camera Club auction for £1, a Russian 500mm f8 MTO Mirror lens -- that's all I think ----
  2. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, Pete;

In looking again at your list, I think that you may be our best equipped M42 photographer here. And, my own exposure to M42 is much more limited. As an example, at this time, I am just looking for the old Soligor 300mm and 400mm M42 telephoto lenses. No, there is not really any pressing need for those lenses, but there is an old Soligor 200mm UTM lens here, and I just thought that it might be getting lonely.

And, there might be merit in my looking at the wide angle lenses also.

The first memories I have of the M42 system are from the early 1960s with the Heiland/Honeywell or Asahi-Honeywell cameras. The Spotomatic was quite a camera when it was first introduced to us.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin