Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 747

Light seal replacement

1. mfairchild
    Has anyone taken a swing at replacing the seals on their Mamiya. I just purchased a 1000S and the seals are done. Iv'e ordered a replacement kit from Jon Goodman online but was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas about this undertaking
  2. zsas
    zsas
    I used Goodman's seals and it has worked out wonderfully!

He has some instructions that come with the kit and I remember not even reading them, it was that intuitive.

Best! Andy
  3. Chris Douglas
    Chris Douglas
    Had no trouble using the kit.
    A couple tips:
    Be careful where you put naptha, its a lot easier to add some than to clean it out where you didn't want it.
    Most of the work is cleaning off the old gunk, take your time.
    An old empty inkjet printer refill bottle with the hypodermic-like needle is handy for dispensing naptha.
  4. mfairchild
    mfairchild
    Got my kit from Jon and everything is installed and good to go. Great kit and really easy to replace. The damper seals were a little tricky to replace by looking in the mirror though.
    Felt really good replacing them myself. The camera shop here in Ottawa Canada quoted me $100 and up just for the door seals to be done.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin