Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,937   Online: 1055

645 Zoom lenses

1. h**la
    Hi, I'm new, shoot a pro tl. Any opinions on image quality etc. on the available
    645 Zooms, 55-110 and 105-210mm ULD compared to the primes?
  2. BobCrowley
    BobCrowley
    Hi

I have the 105-210. It is sharp and reasonably contrasty. I use it with high contrast slide film mostly, such as Velvia. A good tripod is a must. I would not compare this lens to the prime lenses in my Mamiya kit, but that's not too bad since I think the Mamiya lenses in general are great. For 645 I don't think you will find a comparable zoom, so if you can find one at a good price I would go for it.
    Bob http://new55project.blogspot.com
  3. Curt
    Curt
    I have a 105-210mm ULD zoom lens also and although I haven't checked it out that much it appears to be sharp, I'll know soon as I'm developing some film shot last week with it.
  4. h**la
    h**la
    Thanks, I picked up a 105-210mm a while back. Great lens but a hefty tripod is most helpful as it is a bit of a beast...but recommended.
    Cheers All
  5. Curt
    Curt
    I like the lens and the Mamiya quality is built into it, the ULD version, if there are any other versions, is outstanding. Generally I don't work with zoom lenses but in this case I came across one that was new for a hundred dollars and thought why not. I use mine on a tripod.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin