Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,236   Online: 886

New User advice

1. Cyrusfirmer
    Hi all,

I have just bought an RZ PRO with 127 lens and w/l finder and am having issues getting good images. I am using Fuji 400 film and so far have exposed two rolls with different yet disapointing results. I am using a Sekonic light meter and the first set of photos were taken outside on a rather overcast day and the results were rather muted in both contrast and colour. The second set were taken outside on a sunny day and were over exposed but also lacking in any real colour definition. How do you set exposure as bright days suggest an apperture of f16 / f22 with a fast shutter but obviousley with the RZ 400 is the fastest. Do you always set for 1/400 and f16 or f22? Any advice or information on how you set up for a shot would be greatly welcomed as I dont really know how to proceed. I dont really want to start carrying my Nikon D200 around as well for comparitive time / exposure settings and I know that digital meters differently to the RZ. Thanks.
  2. k.hendrik
    k.hendrik
    I did !! horsing around with my D200 to understand 'light' on my RZ67 ;( Use it for a while and after that; buy a Mamiya RZ67 AEII prism finder and you're ok, not for weight but spot-on B+W metering! Colour is too difficult for me.
  3. Pete m
    Pete m
    I'm new here too, but here's what I've found. I too use a RZ "Pro" and one of two Sekonic meters I own. I have found that for whatever reason, I get my best exposures, hence results, using the incident metering mode rather than reflected metering. I also shoot 4x5 and wouldn't say the same thing about that format. I've tried various methods but now when using the RZ and Mamiya Secor lenses, I use incident metering.
  4. StephenT
    StephenT
    I also use incident almost 100% of the time. MUCH more reliable IF the quality of light falling on the meter is about the same as what is falling on your subject.

If your 127mm shutter is not accurate at 1/400, then you won't get the proper exposure. Try bracketing - one stop over and one stop under. Also try a different shutter speed. In addition to 1/400 at f16 in bright sun, try 1/125 at f32; if the exposures are not the same, then you will know how to compensate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin