Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,345   Online: 1057

Manhattan Meetup #2 - June 25th. Join the Group!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. sokrasins
    Hey,

The last meetup was a success, and it's time to plan the next one. The date is June 25th, now we just need a location. Any suggestions? I was thinking the High Line might be interesting, as it has now doubled in length (http://www.thehighline.org/). On the other hand, it may be very crowded, as the new segment was opened quite recently. Thoughts? Suggestions?
  2. rcam72
    rcam72
    I've been wanting to go to the High Line ever since it opened but I've never gotten around to it. I agree that it might be crowded, especially being a Saturday in June, I'd still like to go though.

-Raul
  3. LudditeJay
    LudditeJay
    I don't know Manhattan very well as I am from NJ(quite close to NYC), but I checked out the link and it seems like a cool place to see. I'll second rcam and say I'd like to go.
  4. maliha
    maliha
    I should be there for the July meet-up! Whenever that happens!
  5. sokrasins
    sokrasins
    Hey,

Great, how about we meet at 12:00 pm at the Gansevoort stairs, all the way at the lower end of the park? Here's a map: http://www.thehighline.org/about/maps

I quickly stopped by the High Line this weekend to scope it out. It's definitely going to be a cool place to shoot, though I do have one concern. In the new section, the path is pretty narrow, which will make it difficult for anyone using a tripod. The lower section does have some nice areas where space is not a concern, but if many of you are planning to shoot large format or otherwise with a tripod, be aware that is may be... tricky. I checked, and tripods are allowed, but they can't be set up where they'll block traffic flow on the path (as usual). Anyways, there should be plenty of places to shoot, tripod or not, both on and around the park.

I plan on bringing my Mamiya 645 again. Though I was originally planning to bring a tripod, I probably will not now.

Also, let me know if you plan on joining us!
    - Stan
  6. M.A.Longmore
    M.A.Longmore
    Hi Stan,

I will not be able to join the June Meet.
    I certainly hope to join in for July !

Ron
  7. sokrasins
    sokrasins
    maliha and Ron, I'll let you know about July!
  8. LudditeJay
    LudditeJay
    That meet-up location sounds fine, and according to the map it looks to be a 10-15 min walk from the christopher street path station.

I had planned to keep things small and only bring a 35mm camera, but thanks for the heads up about the tripods and walkway space.
  9. rcam72
    rcam72
    6-25 at 1200. I'll be there sans tri-pod.

-Raul
  10. maliha
    maliha
    Cool! My flight is on July 1st. So pumped!
  11. sokrasins
    sokrasins
    Hey,

Just a reminder. the meetup is in a week! Hope to see most of you there.
  12. sokrasins
    sokrasins
    So far, I've heard that rcam72 and LudditeJay will be joining. Anyone else?
  13. LudditeJay
    LudditeJay
    Yup, I'll be there. Hopefully, we will have a few others that decide to join us for the day.
  14. maliha
    maliha
    This may not be the right place to post this... but not sure how else to get the word out... just in case anyone is into Polaroid/The Impossible Project... they have a workshop on the 10th in their SoHo Project Space. I think it's 50bucks for admission... I intend to be there, if all goes well... seems like a good place to meet fellow analoggers!

Apologies if this was inappropriate to post it here... oh well... =)
  15. sokrasins
    sokrasins
    maliha -

If you have a second, why don't you post a new discussion about it, with a few details about the event. Sounds cool!
  16. maliha
    maliha
    Uhh yes... should have done that... brain waves are rather frail lately... I will do that in a bit =)
  17. sokrasins
    sokrasins
    Alright, I'll see you folks tomorrow!
  18. LudditeJay
    LudditeJay
    Hey guys. I had a good time on the meetup today. Stan and Raul were both awesome and I got a lot of good shooting in. I had ten frames left on a roll when I arrived and I developed that roll tonight. I'll post some up here in a bit. Looking forward to future meetups as NYC is a very fun place to shoot. Possibly we can vary the times and have some meetups in the evening as I am sure there would be plenty of interesting scenes at night.
  19. LudditeJay
    LudditeJay
    Last image of the roll. I roll my own film so it got slightly cut from some spill.

img001-resize by Jason Rofls, on Flickr

Love the orange filter.

img007-resize by Jason Rofls, on Flickr
  20. LudditeJay
    LudditeJay

img006-resize by Jason Rofls, on Flickr
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin