Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,791   Online: 761

Double-X film

1. sokrasins
    Finally got around to finishing up and developing the roll of Double-X that Newt_on_Swings gave me. I shot it at iso 200, developed in D76 1+1 dilution for 9.75 min. A source I found online indicated that D-76 was likely to fog the base a decent amount, and I found this to be true. Nevertheless, the results were pretty cool! A few of my results are posted below.

Thanks again for the film, Newt!

2. Newt_on_Swings
    Newt_on_Swings
    Nice shots, its some cool stuff to shoot. Its really got that old timey look, though I usually develop it in Xtol, so its a bit finer grained. Also it might not be fog, the base itself is gray(edit, what i meant to say was that the thicker gray base might look a bit different as its movie stock), as indicated by Kodak. I got the can from this older guy who ran a electrical parts shop in Williamsburg, who was a photographer as well. Was brand new, but It was in deep freeze for awhile he said, ice cold to the touch haha. No date markings, but I read somewhere you could date it by looking at the encoding on the film itself. I never bothered lol

If anyone else would like to try a roll let me know before the next meetup.

You can find out more here: http://www.project-double-x.org/index.html
  3. LudditeJay
    LudditeJay
    These are fantastic results and absolutely bang-on composition in that second shot Stan. I still have the roll that Steve gave me and I plan to expose it at the next meetup.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin