Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,948   Online: 924

Greenwich Village Haloween Parade

1. rcam72
    Provided Perfect Storm II doesn't happen. I haven't gone in a while, but from what I remember, it's a lot of fun and should be great for people pics.

According to the MTA it will run from 7pm - 10:30pm. The parade starts at 6 Av and Spring St, then proceeds north along 6 Av to 16 St. They also provide a chart listing which trains to take. http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/eve...ctober2012.htm

Here's the event link: http://www.halloween-nyc.com/

I'll be there for a couple of hours (7-9ish), weather permitting.

Raul
  2. Newt_on_Swings
    Newt_on_Swings
    I did this last year or the year before, I forget, but it was pretty fun. Its really hard to take pictures if you are not actually in the parade. The side lines are crowded, and you can only take pics of the paraders on the sides. If you grab a costume, you can actually enter at the start, and walk the route leisurely inside at a slightly slower pace and get lots of shots, which is what I did last time.

The start is also a good place to snap pictures, as the floats and groups are just standing around, you can mingle within them and get nice shots.

I will try to go this year if I get my costume figured out lol. I might be able to meet up if I can get out of work early as I usually get out 8-830.
  3. rcam72
    rcam72
    You have to arrange to leave early and I had to arrange to go in late just to go. If I go (weather permitting) I'm planning to be close to the beginning of the parade route and hopefully catch most of it before I have to go.
  4. M.A.Longmore
    M.A.Longmore
    Having to work for a living is cramping my social style.
    I can't seem to catch a break, and get a few hours to hang with you guys this year.

If we are using olde time analog equipment, everyone will assume we are " Terrorists " can't really think of a better costume at the moment . . .
    But, I'm open to suggestions.

Ron
  5. M.A.Longmore
    M.A.Longmore
    Parade Cancelled . . .
  6. Newt_on_Swings
    Newt_on_Swings
    Yea the whole sandy business messed this one up this year. I didnt really have a costume either though. At the parade last year I saw someone toting a crown or a speed graphic, he was across the street with his family packing it away or taking it out, I couldn't really make out, but I gave him the thumbs up and the nod of approval!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin