Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,636   Online: 679

"System Been Down Long?" Cartoon

1. Ralph Javins
    Good morning, all;

Finally! It has been a long time. And now there is a new system to navigate to scroll down to get to our groups. The groups do not seem to be in any logical order. I would have thought that perhaps alphabetically might have been considered appropriate, but that does not seem to be the case.

I am not sure if I want to even go see what the forums section looks like now.

It has been an interesting couple of weeks. There are a couple of bodies and lenses on the way here. Nothing of any real merit. Just a couple more SR-T bodies and some third party lenses. I also found locally a couple of Tamron and Vivitar lenses to go on them. And just yesterday I stopped by one of the bigger camera shops in Latte Land to get some developing chemicals for processing some rolls of film. The selection not only is smaller; it is also different. So many of the things I used to be able to easily buy in small quantities are just not even available any more. At least Accufine is still availabe in a one quart size, but it is expensive if you do it that way. Many of the things now are available only in one gallon and larger sizes. Well, we can at least look at that development (sorry) as an incentive to go out and shoot more film before the chemicals age and must be replaced.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  2. Cork
    Cork
    Good Morning, Ralph!

Another thought is to find similar-minded folk in the Great Northwest and band together to purchase supplies. I suppose one of these days I'll have to set up a darkroom. (sigh)

As for the redesign; haven't seen anything that looks horrible. The MMF group shows up prominently when I click on groups, and the forums really don't seem much different. Having been on forums that reformatted in the past (with significant changes) I don't think this change was too bad. I sure don't envy the folks who put the work into moving everything.

Best,
    Cork

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin