Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,468   Online: 1182

35mm f/2.8 Shift CA Rokkor

1. dormantdemon
    Does anyone have good examples of this lens being put to the test? I have been playing with the VFC and (at least through the viewfinder) I am not seeing a dramatic effect.
  2. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Well, coming up with "good examples" (plural) of the Minolta SHIFT CA ROKKOR 1:2.8 f=35mm lens could be a financial challenge. Here in the United States, the prices seem to be in the $800 to $1200 range for each one. For that reason, I have only one of them.

The VFC function does work, but it may not be that obvious with a 35mm lens just looking through a viewfinder. It is possible to see the effect, expecially when going from 0 to 3, over a scene of similar things, such as the bricks in a wall or the paving stones on a pathway. Having something that is the same does help in noticing the differences, expecialy when they have high contrast edges, and with them all in one plane, you can see the change a little more easily. If you can look through the Minolta VARISOFT ROKKOR 1:2.8 f=85mm lens which also has the VFC control to induce varying amounts of spherical abberation in the lens, the effect probably is even easier to see than with the 2.8/35mm SHIFT CA. And, you can also load a roll of film into the camera and see what happens on the photographs you have printed.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin