Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,327   Online: 947

Choice of film

1. Jim Simon
    Hello all. Not meaning to hog the airwaves, but have just joined and had two questions to ask. This is the second one.
    Can I ask if anyone has any opinion on the synergy of particular films with particular lenses? I know this sounds crazy, but I think my Zuikos don't end up as sharp with Tri-X as they do with FP4/HP5.
    I scan my negatives (Coolscan 5000) so it might be that the extra sharpness of my Leitz Summaron works in the Tri-X grain better than a slightly softer/less defined Zuiko image. Meaning that it might be that the grain structure of, say, FP4 sharpens up better in Photoshop after scanning than does Tri-X.
    Any thoughts?
    I apologise for only being a half decent member of this group in that I scan and don't use a darkroom, but at least I don't take more than about 5 digital images a year.
    Jim.
  2. darinwc
    darinwc
    Well I could see that color films would be different depending on what lens you used in terms of color balance. But for black and white I dont think there would be a difference.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin