Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,608   Online: 962

OM2 spot/program top removal/replacement.

1. PeteD
    Guys
    A while back I purchased an OM2 spot program body that worked for a while then just locked up solid, the film advance won't move nor will the shutter fire and from what I can make of things it's uneconomic to have it repaired. (I've been quoted between £75 and £90 admittedly for full repair and service).

Now I've just laid my paws on another that works but is not in as good a cosmetic condition as the original, I've swapped baseplates over and the rear door won't be a problem. I'm just wondering how big a job swapping the tops over is going to be and if it's a job I can actually do myself?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    Pete
  2. wblynch
    wblynch
    I've got the same idea myself after receiving a gifted non-worker that's cosmetically perfect.

Haven't gotten a working transplant candidate yet so no attempt at removing the cover. If it's anything like an OM-10 there will be a lot of wires to cut and reconnect.

I am excited to read of your success.
  3. PeteD
    PeteD
    I think I've worked out how to remove the film advance end of things, it's just the shutter button etc to go.

Pete
  4. wblynch
    wblynch
    Have you made the swap yet? What did you learn?
  5. PeteD
    PeteD
    No not yet, I'm a truck driver which means I'm away all week so weekends is the only time I get. I'll have another look at it later.

Pete

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin