Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,666   Online: 811

OM-2n Mirror Sticks in Up Position

1. Dave Jenkins
    I recently purchased an OM-2n from a member of another forum. When I opened the box I noticed that the mirror was in the up position. Turning the meter on/off switch to the battery check/reset position released the mirror. Then I could fire the shutter one time, but when I worked the film advance lever, the mirror again snapped into the up position and would not come down until I again moved the meter on/off switch to the battery check/reset position. This appears to be true with both manual and auto exposure. Any idea what could be wrong? I used OMs for 13 years and am pretty familiar with them but haven't encountered anything like this before.

It's a nice camera otherwise and I would like to keep it, but if I can't find a solution to this problem I will have to send it back.
  2. flash26c
    flash26c
    Try a new battery ----
  3. PeteD
    PeteD
    What he said ^^^^^

Pete
  4. Richard James
    Richard James
    As the others said; it needs new bateries

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin