Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,948   Online: 773

Om-2n had an accident

1. x100art
    Today I went to Balboa Park to do some Street photography with my OM-2n and I accidentally dropped it!

Now the light metering in the camera is not operating at all, it doesn't do anything. At least the film door did not open and expose my film, because I know I took at least two good shots.

Any suggestions of where I can send it to get it fixed?

Thanks Art
  2. 35mm
    35mm
    Hello Art,

My sympathies. I know your heart sank when you dropped your camera. So sorry to hear about that.

I think you're in San Diego; however, I can offer two suggestions for camera repair in the Atlanta area:

(1) Peachtree Camera Repair:
    http://www.peachtreecamerarepair.com

They worked on my OM-1n and I'm very happy with the results. I thought the price was reasonable. My photography mentor recommend this place, and so do I.

(2) The Camera Doctor:
    http://www.planetpatchwork.com/jacks/jackspage2.htm

I have no experience with The Camera Doctor; however, other members of our local photo club like this place. I was there this past weekend and I was impressed with the selection of reconditioned, used cameras.

Best of luck. Please let us know what happens.

Regards,
    Tom
  3. x100art
    x100art
    Thanks for your information! I'm going to call Peachtree camera repair tomorrow and tell them what happened, and see what they can do.

I also got another recommendation, for a guy who specializes on the Olympus OM series. Camtech photo service was also highly recommended, but I guess he only replies by email. My friend from another forum told me you just send the camera to him with a note explaining the repair.

Undecided what I'm going to do I wait in the morning after I have my coffee. That's when I get my best thinking done.

Thanks again
  4. x100art
    x100art
    Here's the last picture I took when my camera hit the floor

5. x100art
    x100art
    It's finally here!!
    Can't wait to run roll film and trying it out!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin