Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,903   Online: 1110

Trouble with OM4T

1. bimmey
    Greetings all,

I purchased an OM4T 50mm 1.8, 28mm 2.8 last year. It is my motorcycle travel kit. I also have a Tamron 90mm 2.5 macro, and today picked up a Zuiko 50mm 2.0 macro. The problem comes when after changing lenses upon triping the shutter the mirror locks up, shutter locks open and a beep continually sounds until I turn the shutter dial to "B". This happens several times and then works fine. Does not happen every lens change, but often enough to be a problem. Anyone have a similar experience? Any help is appreciated.

Steve
  2. mopar_guy
    mopar_guy
    Are you engaging the self timer? When you look at the camera from the front, there is a red LED to the left of the lens mount. The very small lever at the top of this red LED is pushed down and to the outside of the camera to engage the self timer. When this lever is engaged and the shutter release is pressed, the mirror swings up and blocks the viewfinder and the LED flashes and a series of beeps is heard until the shutter fires after about 12 seconds. If you move the small lever down and towards the lens mount, all of the beeps (spot meter, etc...) are silenced. Hope this helps.

Dave
  3. bimmey
    bimmey
    Thanks for the response Dave. Unfortunately that is not the case. However by pushing the lever to the the left (toward the lens) the beeper does not sound. While playing around with the camera last night, I removed the lens during the malfunction and discovered its only the mirror locking up. Anyone in the states know a good Olyumpus repair person?

Steve
  4. mopar_guy
    mopar_guy
    John Hermanson is the go to guy in the US.

http://www.zuiko.com/
  5. Allan Swindles
    Allan Swindles
    bimmey, batteries before everything else. Use SILVER OXIDE, fresh and in date. Most OM problems are caused by the use of wrong batteries.
  6. bimmey
    bimmey
    You may be on to something Allan. After clicking on the link provided by "mopar guy", I decided to see if I could do the repair myself. Once inside I cleaned the contacts on the self timer, the battery cover and threads of the battery cover. Put it back together and have cycled the shutter 100+ times without issue. Could well have been bad battery contact. Also I put new batteries in.

Thanks for the help gentlemen.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin