Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,315   Posts: 1,536,702   Online: 927

Olympus Camera Club UK

1. Vincent Brady
    Are there any members in this group who were former members of the Olympus Camera club UK?

Cheers
    TEX
  2. Paul Jenkin
    Paul Jenkin
    Was that the one where they sent you stickers and promotional literature and newsletters etc? It's a very long time ago (late 70's / early 80's) but I recall belonging to something like that. If my memory serves, it was promoted via the camera shop from where I bought most of my kit.

I doubt if I have anything at all left of the stuff they sent me, though I do remember getting very cross with a sticker that refused point-blank to adhere to the outside of the 'Hakuba' alumnium flight case in which I stored my OM1, OM2 and lenses....!! Funny what sticks in one's memory over the years, eh?
  3. Vincent Brady
    Vincent Brady
    Sorry Paul I missed your reply. I had giving up checking on my tread. The club as I remember it had a magazine which was posted out to its members including brochures for the latest Olympus gear and an annual of worldwide photo's all of which I was never able to throw out and still have today.

Cheers
    TEX
  4. Chris Sweetman
    Chris Sweetman
    Hi TEX

I was a member of this club but it is going back some years now. There were two sets of magazines sent out one set was the UK side of the club with dates of events new gear etc... and there was the international set which included the best mag for Olympus fans - Vision Age! I recycled all the UK stuff many years ago but I have kept all the Vision Age magazines and the salon brochure.

A few years ago I picked up an Olympus club mag from a local photo shop. So the club may still be going albeit with a major digital slant!

Cheers Chris
  5. Vincent Brady
    Vincent Brady
    Hi Chris

Nice to hear from you. I was in the club in the late eighties and early nineties. I even went on a holiday with the club to Japan & Bali, a fantastic experience for me. Unlike you however I've never been able to throw out the magazines. Looking forward to seeing some of your work in this group.

Cheers for now,
    TEX
  6. Chris Sweetman
    Chris Sweetman
    Hi Tex

Sounds like you had great fun on those trips! Unfortunately, I never did anything with the club just read the mags! Vision Age certainly provided me with some fantastic articles on how to use the OM4. However, it was much much later that I owned the OM4Ti varient and then I went back to the artilces to see how to get the best from this awesome machine!

Cheers Chris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin