Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,133   Online: 1147

Also new to the group.

1. MJFerron
    I live in the Austin, Texas metro area, Shoot mostly B&W that I process here at home and own 2 OM1n's and a OM2n. One OM1n is a user and the other near mint that I fondle but don't use. For day to day shooting I most often pick up the OM2n. I also have the 24 2.8, 28 2.8 50 1.8, 100 2.8 and the 35-70 3.5-4.5. Not sure I'll add to the lens collection as that range pretty much covers all my needs. I also have an Oly E-P1 that will soon have a OM to Micro 4/3 adapter on it so I can use all those nice lenses on it.

Mike
  2. Ken N
    Ken N
    Welcome. I know there are a lot of OM users in Texas.
  3. Chris Sweetman
    Chris Sweetman
    Welcome Mike you have a nice OM outfit there. In the last few years I have expanded my system and in the last week I added an OM2n to my collection.

Cheers Chris
  4. MJFerron
    MJFerron
    I'm selling off a lot of equipment as I've decided to just shoot 35mm film with OM's and the occasional digital with the E-P1. When all is said and done I'd like to pick up a Om4t body. Not sure what it will do for me that the OM2n won't but the multi spot metering sounds interesting.
  5. Ken N
    Ken N
    MJ, Multi-spot just provides an all new way of metering. For B&W work, I find it to be the ultimate meter--in manual mode, I spot-meter some highlights, some shadows and mid-tones. As I adjust the shutter-speed and aperture, the dots move around on the scale. There are pip-marks for +/- 1 stop, 2 stop and 3 stop--and depending on whether or not it's an OM-4 or 4T(i), four stops. If you know your film's usable exposure latitude is 6 stops, you just make sure all the dots are within the +/- 3 stop marks. If you want that shadow to go black, just adjust exposure so that particular dot is down enough pips.

Another feature, which I never used till this past winter is the highlight/shadow buttons. Let's say it's a snowscape--just spot meter the snow which you want just the slightest detail in and press the highlight button. That's it.

Probably the biggest reason to pick up an OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti) body or even the OM-2S is because all meter sensors are located in the mirror chamber. Therefore, you can upgrade to the 2-series focus screens without throwing the metering off.

But from a pure sensory addiction perspective, the OM-2n is one of the two finest handling OMs made.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin