Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,096   Online: 900

OM4Ti ..................

1. Chris Sweetman
    Does anyone have the problem that at times the whole display lights up and flickers?

Today I went out to take some photos locally. The camera was OK for a couple of frames then it happened ....... Tired new batteries still the problem, switched the thing on and off - problem still there! Then I took the lens off pressed the black plastic button a few times, attached the lens and .... it was working again! BTW the batteries are silver oxide ones!

My OM4Ti was bought second hand from a dealer and it worked fine for around 18 months. Then this flicker problem happened!

When it is working it is a fantastic camera but ............

This is one reason why I purchased a OM2n recently I wanted a camera body that I could really on!

Any solutions or does it need a visit to the repairer?

Cheers Chris
  2. Ken N
    Ken N
    Sounds like a visit to John.
  3. Chris Sweetman
    Chris Sweetman
    Hi Ken N

I don't know who John is but I guess he is a OM camera repairer.

However, took my OM4Ti out today on a shoot and no problems!

Cheers Chris
  4. mopar_guy
    mopar_guy
    There was a problem reported over 20 years ago involving that little black button on the OM-4's lens mount. Some third party lenses have screws on their lens mounts that ride across the button on the camera. Over time, this can screw up that button on the camera's lens mount. For example, I have a couple of Tokina zoom lenses that have this problem. I simply filled in the offending screw head with epoxy and it has never caused any damage that I can tell.
    Dave
  5. Chris Sweetman
    Chris Sweetman
    Thanks for the information Dave. However, I only use Zuiko lenses on my OM bodies. I had the same problem when I was shooting a couple of weeks ago. I changed a lens and all the lights lit up! The problem was solved when I exchanged the batteries from my OM2n. Amazingly the OM2n worked with the batteries from the OM4Ti! Used the OM4Ti today and it worked like a dream!

Cheers Chris
  6. George S.
    George S.
    Still sounds like you should investigate if it's a battery problem or the problem that Dave gave with regard to the lensmount button. You said you bought the camera used from a dealer but.... Just because YOU only use Zuikos, what about the previous owner? No one knows what lenses HE used, right?... So many times these electronic board cameras are very sensitive to even a small voltage drop. Even "new" "fresh" batteries from a store can give problems if they've been on the shelf for a while. Nowadays there just isn't the demand for those button batteries that there used to be and they may not be as fresh as we were used to in days gone by.
  7. George S.
    George S.
    Chris,

How did it go with that OM-4Ti? Anything new to report?

Not too much being said on this forum Is anyone still here?
  8. mopar_guy
    mopar_guy
    Hi George,

I try and poke my nose in here every couple of days and I suspect that others do also.

I came up with an OM-4T recently that is also having an issue with its LED readout. The screen seems to function except it is much lighter to my eye than it should be. It is a spare body that I picked up for $200. I have set it aside for now and will probably be sending it in for overhaul after the first of the year.

Dave
  9. Chris Sweetman
    Chris Sweetman
    Hi George S

I have used this OM4Ti loads of times in the past year. Thankfully the LED readout hasn't given me too many problems. When it does I reach for the OM2n and shoot with this camera. After a little while the problem clears itself! There was a period of about nine months where my OM4Ti ran fine without any issues.

Cheers Chris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin