Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,700   Online: 901

My "New" Lens got here today!

1. mopar_guy
    Just arrived: Zuiko 35mm 1:2 silvernose serial #106332. This one has a low serial number and is in really nice shape. It came with the hard case and the metal lens hood. I have wanted to buy one of these for ages but I have always told myself "NO".

Does anyone know how to date these lenses based on the serial numbers? I want to get out this afternoon and try this out.

I'm beginning to think that I have a problem.:o In the last month I have gotten:
    OM-4T with 50mm 1:1.4 Zuiko
    OM-4T
    and last night from eBay Motor Drive 2 with M. Control Pack 2 and Grip Strap.

Dave
  2. Ken N
    Ken N
    Yes, Dave. You have a problem. But what a wonderful problem it is.

You usually can't determine exactly when a lens is made by the serial number, but one that low indicates that it is firmly in the earliest runs. I'm not absolutely sure, but I'm thinking that the lowest one started at 106000. The Blacknosed version pretty much starts at 120000. There are outliers in the sampling data that was gathered a few years ago, but we came across no samples at that time below 106000.
  3. mopar_guy
    mopar_guy
    Ten years ago the 35mm 1:2 lenses usually sold for $170, but now nobody makes prime lenses anymore and all of the d*****l guys can get adapters to mount the manual focus Zuikos on their cameras. I think that this trend has pushed the values of the OM Zuikos up. Some of the the better/rarer lenses go for silly prices nowadays.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin