Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,324   Online: 1198

1. tutto
    Hi to fellow OMers - sounds like a meditation group only deeper and more meaningful.I have an OM2SP with a 28 Tokina pretty well permanently attached and over the last decade have wound a heap of Tmax 100 through it and by the way have just discovered Rodinol- fantastic results. On a recent trip to New York maybe due to the cold weather the shutter speed ring seized. I was thinking I should undo the screws on the lens mount flange and see if it can be lubricated .Has anybody had a similar problem ? Any comments would be appreciated.
  2. Jim Baker
    Jim Baker
    I'd consider having the camera serviced. My guess is that it would not be too expensive if you consider it spread over a 10 year period. If you take the ring off you will only see a minute fraction of the whole shutter mechanism!
  3. George S.
    George S.
    Yes, you can service the shutter speed ring yourself. It's been a while since I had one apart... Grit finds its way in there. When you take it apart, you must pay close attention as to the exact position of the ball bearing(s) that ride on a track. Make a written note to yourself. (And I think pay attention to the orientation of the speed ring itself) The ball bearing and its track and the speed ring all have to be put back in exactly the same place, or else you won't be able to move the shutter speed ring through all its positions when done.
  4. tutto
    tutto
    Thank you George for your infomation . I took to it this morning with a cold chisel and a club hammer and now everything is sweet. I didnt find any ball bearings in mine but I could see where metal had been rubbing so applied a drop of lube- getting everything lined up so the correct shutter speed fired was interesting,I didnt swear once.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers Tutto.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin