Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,095   Online: 1100

Greetings from Shaffer's Valley, Landisburg, PA

1. Griz
    Hi folks, as suggested by Rick, I'm posting a small introduction here in the Pennsy photo pholks group. It's the same info as in the "about me" section of my home page. Hope no one minds the cut and paste job, as the older I get, the less likely I am to re-type something!

Biography
    Starting over....Vietnam ERA USAF vet, photojournalism major in college (way back when), life got in the way of photography for a while, back working with film for the first time in 30 years. Setting up a home darkroom right now, still need to run the water lines, but it's at least usable at this time. Picked up a ton of stuff from fellow APUG'er Keith Ostertag at great prices! Shooting 35mm with Pentax ME Super bodies (main body just CLA'd by Eric) and SMC lenses, MF camera is an old Agfa Isolette II, Solinar F3.5 75mm lens, Prontor-S shutter, just CLA'd. Hoping to get the magic back, and maybe sell a few prints in 2013!

Interests
    Harleys, B&W photography, leatherwork, bass guitar, sprint cars, hunting, shooting

Occupation
    Downsized by IBM

Shooter
    Multi Format

Your_EBAY_User_ID
    Grizman69

Cheers!
    Griz
  2. DWThomas
    DWThomas
    Again, welcome!

I'm in central Montgomery County in the east end of our fair commonwealth, but I do manage to get to other parts of the state from time to time. Unfortunately some of my passes are on the way to or from visiting family in Indianapolis, so I don't get to sightsee much. As a "carefree" twenty-something in the early nineteen-ought-sixties I know I hiked in Colonel Denning Park out your way -- I still remember overlooking a broad valley from a height where we looked down on Piper Cubs flying around, mostly remembered because of a long uphill climb to get to the view! One of these winters maybe I'll find some of the pictures from that and scan a few I'm sure they are in my archives (AKA boxes in back of dusty closet).
  3. Griz
    Griz
    Thanks for the welcome, Dave! Colonel Denning is about 5 minutes (or a gallon of gas straight up the mountain on 233) from my home. Moved here a couple of years ago from another mountain outside of Dillsburg, PA. Love the area, and still exploring the many local wonders. Still getting my legs back under me photographically, but I can't think of a better area to do it in!
    Cheers!

Griz

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin