Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,769   Online: 881

Lubricating

1. pentaxpete
    I had a go at Lubricating my 1960's Spotmatic and SV models -- they had not been opened since then ! I had to search for a small enough screwdriver to fit the Japanese screws in the base plate -- I very carefully lifted off the base plate having picked out the small screws with tweezers and put them carefully into a dish. There is nothing connecting the base plate so you can lift it off --- inside there are various levers, cogs and springs -- I put ONE DROP of 'THree-in-One' Oil into a developing dish where I held the camera upside down carefully amd picked up a very small amount of the oil onto a piece of thin Fuse-wire ( you could use a PIN) then carefully touched the pivots and cogs I saw. I carfully wound on the camera with the base-plate still OFF so I could see how everything MOVED .. nothing 'Sprung Out ' luckily !! After re-fixing the base plate putting the small screws into their holes with tweezers I excercised the wind-on and fired the shutter -- well, it was MUCH SMOOTHER after the lubrication !! I will NOT attempt to take off the TOP PLATE though !

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin