Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,455   Online: 991

Recent scores

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Uncle Bill
    I was given a black Nikkormat Ftn for Christmas yesterday.
  2. IloveTLRs
    IloveTLRs
    I recently bought a 135/3.5 and 35/2.8, both for under $70 (both with rabbit ears.) I was told that telephotos/long-focus lenses are no longer popular - more for me then, I guess

Did Nikon ever make a 75, 85 or 90mm prime lens?
  3. Uncle Bill
    Uncle Bill
    Just pulled the trigger on a Black Nikon F2S from KEH, should land here in Oakville around early March (going USPS).
  4. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, ILoveTLRs;

Yes, indeed, Nippon Kogaku K. K. made lenses in the "short telephoto focal length." There are several lens aperture sizes of NIKKORs in 85mm focal length. As I recall, they range from about $100 for the pre-AI up to about $600 for the late type AIS. Again, this is just going from memory. Try looking at www.keh.com under the Shop for Gear tab in Nikon Manual Focus under Fixed Focal Length Lenses.

I have not felt a need to get one of them myself. I have been very happy with my NIKKOR 2.5/105mm.

Enjoy;

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
  5. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

It is not clear that this should be called a "recent score," as there was no money involved in the acquisition, but it is a recent addition, and a nice one.

NikonJohn has been making early Nikon cameras available to the world for a while now, and we have done a few things for each other. Just a little while ago, he surprised me by handing to me a Nikkormat FT2. So now there is a Nikkormat/Nikomat FT, FTn, and FT2. While it does need a little work, the FT2 actually is in pretty nice shape. Also, there is the point that any camera that is 45 years old will need at least a CLA by now. A couple of the missing screws have been fitted, and there is one other minor mechanical repair to be made, but it does work. The guys at B&H sent a small portable light panel to me just this week, so there is a suitable light source available now for use with the portable camera testing equipment. This is much easier to carry around than the Kyoritsu EF-511NK1 tester. I am looking forward to performing this test this weekend. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. In the past, my testing of the Copal Square Vertical Travel Metal Focal Plane Shutter has been a quick way to make a check of the accuracy of my shutter testing equipment.

While we have had Interstate 90 closed several times in the last two weeks for snow control and removal, the weather is also getting nicer here in Latte Land, and there are crocus and snowdrops coming up in the yard. It may be time to get out the small tripod, cable release, and perhaps an extension tube to see what can be done with this year's flowers.

Enjoy;

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
  6. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Last week I went by one of my favorite camera pushers to hand to him a Minolta SR-1b that needed a CLA (all of the cameras that come to me that are not new in a box are considered in need of a CLA) and met JohnNikonF there also. While we talked, the camera guy was doing things also.

When he finished the business with John, he turned to me, got a funny look on his face, and suggested that he had something that I might like. In just a few more minutes, he brought out and handed to me a couple of Pre-AI NIKKOR lenses in the NIKKOR plastic storace cylinders.

Both of them are nice lenses. One is a Nikon NIKKOR-H Auto 1:3.5 f=28mm wide angle lens, and the other one is a Nikon Micro-NIKKOR-P.C Auto 1:3.5 f=55mm macro lens with the M2 1:1 Adapter. Optically they are in at least EXC+ condition, and cosmetically probably EXC. A nice pair of lenses to go with the Nikon F, F2, and Nikkormat/Nikomat cameras.

The only thing I can think is that the camera guy must have already offered them to John before I got there, and John did not feel that he should do it at that time. That is my guess. Anyway, that is my most recent Nikon Pre-AI acquisition. And, I think that I may have coming a Nikon SA-1 AC Power Supply/Charger for the original Nikon SB-1 Handle Mount (potato masher) Electronic Flash Unit. I still need the Ni-Cad battery pack for the SB-1, in just about any condition. I can rebuild the Ni-Cad pack to get it back into operation. I just need to find one. If not the Ni-Cad pack, perhaps I can find one of the Nikon SD-2 "D" Cell battery holders for the SB-1. Yes, I am still working on finding things for The 1960s Nikon Project.

Enjoy

Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  7. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Latest arrivals: After Ralph left Camera Clinic, I picked up my old chrome F that I had last summer. Alas, due to circumstances related to evilBay, it's being returned, since I have a suitable replacement for the black F FTn that I recently sold to fund a Nikon d_____l camera. Also temporarily owned a late model 4-sided waistlevel for said chrome F. That was sold off, along with my Nikon F4e and a Tokina zoom lens, so I could fund the stuff won on evilBay, which included said black F FTn, a chrome eyelevel finder, and some other things...

Tonight, I just scored a decent 50/2 Nikkor-H with factory AI ring for $58.00, including shipping. That will be going onto the F when both items arrive from their respective sellers.

-J
  8. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

In the continuing yielding to temptation, yesterday I took a Minolta SR-3a into the local shop for its initial CLA having arrived into my photographic equipment inner sanctum, but I did not get out having merely left my camera there. It was an interesting hour or so.

I came out with a black Nikon F2 that needs some parts and some work, along with a Nikon DP-1 Metering Pentaprism to go on top, and a DL-1 Metering Pentaprism Illuminator Accessory for reading the light meter in light levels where you need a flashlight. I admit that this is still one of those curious questions of life: Why do we need a light meter that goes down to EV -4 or -5 when we know that we will need a flashlight to read the lightmeter at that level? You know that it will need to go onto a tripod. The DP-1 is working right now. I need to find some batteries and the bottom battery cap to test the F2 completely. At least the shutter does not need a battery.

Enjoy;

9. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Hey, there is no line for the Coffessional Booth this morning. Great. This will take less time than I thought.

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.
    . . .
    Yes, Father, I have done it again, but I admit that it's only an extension of what I did earlier. Do you remember one of my projects; The 1960's Nikon Project? Well, the NIKKOR lenses for it ran from 24mm to 200mm. This one is merely the next one up in that sequence; the NIKKOR-H Auto 1:4.5 f=300mm telephoto lens. Also, this lens was owned previously by another patron of our Church, John_Nikon_F, so it is really already in our Church, Father.
    . . .
    Yes, Father, I understand that merely continuing a previously admitted sin is not really showing that I have truly learned. Sorry, Father. Yes, Father, I will also do my pennance.
    . . .
    Thank you, Father. See you next Saturday. Then I can tell you about my new Minolta SR-3a. Bye!

10. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Latest arrival: F-36 drive without a battery pack. Already mounted to the F. Need a cordless pack. Drive was said to be working by the previous owner, so it should function once it has juice flowing through it again.

-J
  11. UK Roger
    UK Roger
    Latest (last ???) NAS attack:-

Y2k S3 c/w Nikkor-S 50mm f1.4 (new, demoed once!)

Nikkor-P 10.5cm f2.5 (immaculate, not even any `cleaning` marks and the lens must be over 50 years old!)

Just off to search for some filters down at Arundel-Photographica, an aladdin`s cave of wondrous mechanical marvels . . . better leave the `plastic` at home

Roger
  12. Uncle Bill
    Uncle Bill
    I picked up a pristine Nikon F with the Ftn meter head yesterday. The story behind the camera was it was discovered in the back room at the Toronto Sun newspaper along with a bunch of other old Nikon gear (pair of F3s, FM2n and lenses). I was looking to get the Nikkor S.C. 50 f1.4 but it looked a little too ghetto for my tastes and was missing the rabbit ears. Some wein cells are in transit and we'll see how my new F performs.
  13. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Yet another black F FTn. Nicest of the three black "Apollo" bodies I've owned, cosmetically. Needs a meter overhaul or another meter, though. For a while, last summer, I had a chrome F FTn that had a working meter, but somehow, the lens release pin got stuck. Was able to unstick it, and got the camera working again. Sold that one locally, and sold my previous "Apollo" F to someone here on APUG.

Soon to arrive, an F36 with cordless battery pack. Will be adding that to my F FTn.

-J
  14. D1v1d
    D1v1d
    Can anyone recommend someone to do a CLA on a F2S? I'm based in London, UK. thanks!
  15. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, D1v1d;

You are in the back yard (or garden) of the Master; Souver Wong, right there in London. See also http://www.soverf2repair.webs.com/

Enjoy;

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
  16. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Yes, things are still growing here. Another Nikon F2 with a DP-1 came. The F2 had a shutter problem, but that was sorted out with the help of John_Nikon_F in a surprisingly short time. The difficulty with the DP-1 will take a lot more work, and it may just be replaced with another DP-1 that is going through a CLA and upgrade to work with Ag-O or Silver-Oxide batteries at this time. And, somehow I managed to get another NIKKOR-S Auto 1:1.4 f=50mm AI lens to go onto the F2. Yes, I know that I have normally extolled the virtues of the NIKKOR 1.4/58mm with its blue lens coating, but that is actually better reserved for the Nikon F for which it was designed, although it does go onto an F2 very nicely.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  17. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

I see that John_Nikon_F has been as negligent as I have in visiting the forum to confess our latest indiscretions. I will reveal that he has been at it still, but then, I have too. In fact, John has provided some of the Nikon gear that has arrived here, again as part of his continuing effort to promote Nikon Film Cameras to the World.

There are lots of things that have come, the most recent here being a chrome Nikon F with a chrome Photomic FTn viewfinder on top of it. A bit of late 1960s Nikon heritage. Then there is also a Nikon MD-2 Motor Drive with an MB-1 Battery Pack for the Nikon F2. In a clear demonstration of the "slippery slope" or "domino effect," now I am also looking for the MF-3 Auto-stop Film Back for the Nikon F2 when using the MD-2 on it in rewind mode, and a couple of other things. The trials of being a known camera addict.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  18. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Latest scores... Around the time Ralph posted his last post, I added a Nikomat FTn with a cracked mirror. Camera had been previously overhauled, but, for some reason, the tech decided to try and remove the mirror glass from the mirror box. Removed one of the hold down tabs and cracked the mirror. For the past few months, the camera has been sitting at Camera Clinic in Shoreline, WA, being overhauled again, then waiting for me to pick it up. At the same time, the FT2 that I handed to Ralph for a resolder job went missing. So far, we haven't seen it. In the meantime, I reacquired a previous chrome FT2, used it for a while, then discovered that 1 and 1/2 second sometimes fired at 1/4 second. Parted it out. Picked up another FT2 that I used for a while in December. Also added a couple black FT2 bodies, one of which would've turned into a real money pit that wouldn't look very clean. Picked up another that needed the same amount of work, but looked decent. Sent that one in for repairs. Will be picked up this coming week. Picked up yet another FTn (this time a black one) which seemed to have the same issues as both black FT2's. Parted it out and sent some of the parts to Northwest Camera Repair to be used on the black FT2 they just completed.

Lens-wise, got a couple factory AI'd Nikkors (a 200/4 Q and a 50/1.4 S). Had a pre-AI 35/2 O for a while, but, returned that, since I really needed to have one that worked on all my Nikons.

-J
  19. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Today, added three Nikkors. A 28/3.5 Nikkor-H, a 35/2 Nikkor-O with factory AI ring (need to pay for that one), and a 135/3.5 Nikkor-Q. The 28 and the 135 were $40+tax. The 35 is going to be $125. Also received a 50/2 H with an AI conversion ring on it. The 28 and 135 will be going to the eBay seller microbee for AI conversion. He's somewhat local, so I'll just hand them over to him next time I'm in his area.

-J
  20. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

There are still some Nikon things coming for the Nikon F and F2 cameras. One is something that is a little embarrassing; several +3 Diopter Viewfinder Optical Correction Lenses. Yes, there are several things needed now that I did not require back in the 1960s and 1970s.

As John has indicated, yes there are still some other Nikon things appearing here. One of the most recent was a Nikon F-36 Motor Drive for the Nikon F, and also an F-36 PowerPack for that F-36 Motor Drive. There is only one more thing to find for this combination. The F-36 PowerPack "Terminal Adapter" that goes between the flat three contact plate on the left end of the PowerPack and the lower left corner connector of the F-36 Motor Drive. It may be possible to get this early Nikon F Motor Drive back into use yet. I think that all I need now is that F-36 PowerPack Terminal Adapter.

Enjoy;

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin