Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,541   Online: 1087

Recent scores

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. John_Nikon_F
    Now got FTn's and FT2's coming out of my ears. Won another KEH grab box, containing six Nikkormat bodies. Four FTn's, two FT2's. Also, a MD-4 motor drive, which I have no use for, and a 28/2.5 Tamron Adaptall-2. Ralph, I suspect you'll be getting the Tammy, since I don't need it. Will be parting out one FTn to provide cosmetic pieces for the FTn that's already here (a $20 body from Glazer's Camera in Seattle that supposedly had a dead meter, but actually had a weak battery), then keeping one FTn and one FT2. The rest may wind up being parted out for spares, or, if they turn out to be decently working, passed onto others.

Nikon F-wise, I've added a few items from the late Pete Smith's collection. Decent looking and working F-36 with cordless pack to replace the one that Ralph now owns, which was rather well-used; 28/3.5 Nikkor-H with a small fungus splotch and a factory AI ring; chrome eyelevel F finder that will eventually need a new prism, since the one installed is a bit chipped and has a line of separation in it; and a BC-7 flash unit with box and case. Ralph got his power connector for his drive, another F Photomic T body, and a type III Nikon F clip-on selenium meter that's active, but needs calibration.

I've also passed a couple F2 bodies to him over the past couple months. Both chrome. One is an F2SB that needs a meter overhaul and the slow speeds worked on, the other, an F2 Photomic that came with a DP-12 that I snagged for one of my F2AS bodies. Handed him that with a 50/2 Nikkor-H that I de-AI'd, since I was on the lookout for a Nippon Kogaku version. Happened to have a pre-AI ring, so pulled the AI conversion ring and turned it back into a pre-AI lens.
  2. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Looks like I wound up fixing up one of the "parts" FTn bodies. Turns out, it was nicer than the FTn I'd picked up. The other FTn bodies were pretty much trashed. Surprisingly, the FT2 bodies were properly working, unlike what they said in their auction. One of those went to Ralph along with the 28/2.5. The MD-4 was donated to Kenmore Camera after it was cleaned up and made to work.

-J
  3. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Just swapped my 85/1.8 H, 50/2 H, and the aforementioned FTn for an 85/1.8 K version with AI ring.

-J
  4. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

It has been done. The Nikon F Type F-36 Motor Drive is complete. A Nikon F Type F-36 "Terminal Adapter" was located and acquired. It was much more expensive than I had anticipated, but by that point, I had a lot invested in the other parts, and the F-36 "Terminal Adapter" was the one remaining piece needed to make the system work. Now there is a Motorized Nikon F here also. No, it is not going in as a part of "The 1960s Nikon Project." It will remain separate.

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
  5. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Hmmm, considering that the cordless pack was available in the late '60s, it could go in said project.

Just scored a black eyelevel finder for the F. Finally will have a camera that's all one color.
  6. Nikon Collector
    Nikon Collector
    John ! My pre-AI bodies are sadly depleted only a F with broken prism, F2 with the needle type finder, Nikkormat TN and FT2, and a black EL, so,,,,,if you're giving any bodies or lenses away let me know.....lol... I've retired and cain't afford NAS attacks anymore
  7. Nikon Collector
    Nikon Collector
    A question for John or any of you guys, what is the difference between a F2 photomic and a F2A, F2AS, F2B, F2BS, etc?
  8. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, John Nikon F and Nikon Collector;

John, I agree that the F-36 Motor Drive was available in that time period, but they were not all that common among the "advanced amateurs." The pro's, probably, but not too many amateurs. Well, actually, if you really want to know, there is not very much room left in the bag for The 1960s Nikon Project beyond what is there now. While I would like to include the NIKKOR-H Auto 1:4.5 f=300mm telephoto lens with it, there is not really enough room in the bag for more than the 24mm f:2.8 wide angle to the 200mm f:4 telephoto lenses that are in there now.

NC, the main difference among all of the models you listed is the TTL Light Metering Pentaprism on the top of the F2 body, and you can magically change one F2 model into another just by switching the pentaprism. I will go drag out the reference books and get the listing of the model variants with their corresponding pentaprism model designations.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  9. Nikon Collector
    Nikon Collector
    Thanx Ralph, I used to live in Spanaway near Tacoma, how far are you from there?
  10. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, NC;

About 60 to 70 miles, depending on how I go. And, John Nikon F is about 20 miles east of me.

And, yes, the weather is still the same. The rain overnight ended mid-morning, and the roads are dry right now.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  11. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

It is time to make an official report on this forum.

Just recently there was added to the growing collection a late production Nikon F with the Photomic FTn TTL metering pentaprism viewfinder and a NIKKOR-S Auto 1:1.4 =50mm lens. There is the proper HN-1 lens hood for the lens, and all of this is in an excellent condition Nikon brown leather case. A nice example of the late 1960s Nikon F. John Nikon F did point out to me that this sample was available, and, yes, I succumbed yet again. Again, this is a very nice looking sample of the Nikon F. No, I have not yet taken it to our local camera tech for a CLA, but that will happen.

Actually, there is justification for my not visiting our local camera tech very often. Too much temptation. Too little resisting will power. As an example, just yesterday, I went there to get a small 110 film cartridge Asahi-Pentax "auto 110" SLR camera with three lenses and AF100P electronic flash (no, he did not have the autowinder for it), and I also went out the door with a Minolta XD-7 with an MD ROKKOR 1:1.4 f=50mm lens on it and a Minolta MD ZOOM ROKKOR 1:4.5 80-200mm zoom lens and a Minolta auto 200X electronic flash. The auto 200X battery compartment does need some work. If only people would take the batteries out when they are storing it for a long time. And I really do need to find a chapter of Cameras Anonymous.

Enjoy;

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
  12. Rollei1972
    Rollei1972
    I bought this black Nikon F (7339852) with the Photomic FTn TTL metering pentaprism viewfinder in 1974. It has had only occasional use. Recently I Ebay acquired an FE and the TTL metering is a pleasure and lightens the load. My Ftn does not respond. Batteries and contacts are OK.
    I have considered a number of repair options and Ebay offers of old Ftns. Judging from the discussions here I think the members will have some advice on what I should do.
    I'm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

On another matter; I recently sent a roll of TriX through the Darkroom, FE originated. Six of the images had light burn over the sproket holes and into the corner of the image area. I do not think it is a light leak (the FE is like new) and film has recently been processed through it perfectly. So, I suspect either light expeosure from Kodak when the canister was loaded or, when it was opened by the Darkroom for processing. It is a mystery that will be hard to resolve. Your thoughts will be welcome. This has persuaded me to abandon the convenience of processing by others and to get into the darkroom and use all of the assets that I have at hand.
    Bill Fullerton
  13. Nikon Collector
    Nikon Collector
    OK guys I have a beautiful F with two FTn finders that are slightly different but neither work, pay shipping and all threeare youras.
  14. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, NC;

PM sent.

Enjoy;

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
  15. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Finally found a Nikon MF-3 Auto Stop Back to go onto a Nikon F2 when using it with a Motor Drive and rewinding the film.

Enjoy;

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
  16. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Very late model black F with motor drive plate and FTn finder, plus some other miscellaneous items for $120; black diopter capable eyelevel finder for same ($125), and an F-36 drive for same ($115). Nikkormat-wise, a chrome FT2 that was in the last lot of Nikkormats I won last summer (donated it to the local camera tech, then got it back after refoaming a couple weeks ago), and a black FTn with the <EP> stamp. F2-wise, a nice black Photomic for $50. Looking for a CH-1 for said F2.

-J
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin