Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,097   Online: 894

Recent scores

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Uncle Bill
    I did some spring cleaning recently, sold a later pre-ai Nikkor 50 f2 lens from the middle seventies (prefer the earlier H 50/2) to a friend who recently picked up a Nikon Photomic Tn.

Today I picked up a second generation I figure early sixties Nikkor S 50 f1.4 with the triangle rabbit ears. I can't wait to try it out.
  2. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, Bill;

There is a lens or two here with the sharp pointed prongs on the aperture coupling lug. In recognition of their validity as an original part, I have resisted changing them to the later style with the rounded prongs on the coupling lug. The rounded ones are less likely to scratch something else if the lenses move around in the bag. Otherwise I must always remember to put them back into their individual cases to prevent that.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins
    Latte Land, Washington
  3. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Bill, non-AI wise, the recent scores have been:

F36 motor drive without battery pack/grip for the F
    two Nikkormat FTn bodies that are essentially parts cameras - one of which is almost useable again, the other, not so much
    a Nikkormat EL that I promptly sold
    a chrome Nikomat FTn that needs a top cover that's replacing one that I purged a couple weeks ago with a Nikon SB-25 flash unit in trade for my FT3.

Lens-wise, I had a nice 135f3.5 Nikkor-Q, but since most of my bodies are AI, with one of them being incompatible with non-AI lenses, I sold it off. The remaining non-AI Nikkors have all been AI modified with the factory AI rings. One of which being the Nikkor-H 50f2, the other two being a 24f2.8 Nikkor-NC, and an 85f1.8 Nikkor with the rubber focus ring.

I have left the solid rabbit ears on the lenses, though. If a lens was originally non-AI, it should continue to have the non-AI ears, even if it gets the factory AI ring.

-J
  4. Uncle Bill
    Uncle Bill
    The Nikkor S 50 f1.4 showed up this morning and is now on my Nikkormat Ftn, I am running a roll of Tri-x through it to see how it performs.
  5. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Cool. Let us know how it does. I've always preferred the S version to the SC. The compact 50f1.4 and AI versions seemed to be more like the S version, contrast-wise, and in color rendition.

-J
  6. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Did a little summer cleaning myself on Wednesday. F3P's gone, hence the avatar change to my F FTn. Also decided to get rid of the Nikkormat FT3, the project Nikkormat FTn, and the DP-11 finder that was on my F2. Swapped everything for $150, plus a good working DP-1.

Just didn't like the user interface of the F3, so, it's gone, besides, I have a chrome Nikomat FTn coming, and a chrome FM2n, both of which need to be paid for.

-J
  7. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Under the heading of "recent scores." a Nikon SB-1 "Speedlight" electronic flash has come to join "The 1960's Nikon Project." I know the Honeywell Strobonar 600 was out earlier but that was still in the 1960's. I think that it is in the right time period. Anyway, it does join the BC-7 folding fan bulb flash gun as a source of light. There are even some bulbs to feed the flash gun for an occasional demonstration. The SB-1 might see more use than the BC-7.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington
  8. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Fell off the wagon yesterday (Saturday). Chrome Nikon F FTn. Prior purchase, since my last post, pre-AI Nikkor-wise has been a 50f1.4 Nikkor-S with AI ring. I've also had a couple cheap Nikomat FTn bodies that I've aborted the resurrection projects on. Also finally got my black FT2 back from the repair shop. Am now eyeing a cleaner 50f1.4 Nikkor-S to swap rings with, so I can have a nice AI'd lens, and let my current lens revert back to a non-AI lens to remain on the FT2.

-J
  9. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, early Nikons and APUG;

Since John has reported his recent weak moment, I probably should mention mine also. Kind of like the "What is your most recent 35mm purchase?" thread in Forums/Equipment/35mm SLR Cameras. I have located a couple more accessories for the 1960's Nikon Project, but a Nikon SN-1 Ni-Cad Battery Pack (in any condition) for the Nikon SB-1 "SpeedLight" (Potato Masher) Electronic Flash is proving to be elusive. I might look for an SN-2 Battery Case. Getting the flash capacitor reformed with the SA-1 AC power supply adapter went quite well. Out of consideration for the longevity of the Nikon F and F2 flash contacts, I have added a Wien "Safe Sync" adapter to the Nikon bag with an AS-1 Flash Adapter.

It is interesting how one thing, such as the SB-1, does lead to several other accessories to make the whole system work better.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington
  10. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Latest addition is another 50f1.4 Nikkor-S. This time, a non-AI lens that will remain on the FT2. Had more bodies than lenses.

-J
  11. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Soon will have a 20f3.5 Nikkor-UD in the mix. Beater lens with good glass, and the factory AI ring on it. Will need to replace the bent AI coupling shoe with the correct solid shoe, when the lens is paid off.

-J
  12. f2john
    f2john
    80-200 f/4.5 from a local camera shop for $25. Has zoom creep which I understand is normal and appears to have some dust, again normal I presume for something it's age. Haven't had much of a chance to play with it but it seems like it will be decent.
  13. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    A couple very cheap black Nikomat FTn's. Sold off the FT2, the chrome F, and my F4. Also got rid of my FM2n. Mainly because I wanted an F2 and an F3 back in my bag. One of the FTn's is being put into service as a roaming camera over at the Nikonians page, the other is a body I'm keeping for my own use. Also am waiting delivery on a chrome FT2 that may be used for parts, or put into service after it receives a bunch of early FTn parts on it. Another $15 Nikomat/Nikkormat body.

-J
  14. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    A few hours after I wrote my last post, I won yet another 'mat. Black FT2 with some brassing and a 50f2 Nikkor-H. Auction was ended early because the seller received an email about the manual being for an FTn. Since the bodies are similar enough, it doesn't matter to me. Anyway, got it for $6, plus $10 ship. Now, that would be the cheapest Nikon body I've picked up. Let alone, one with a lens.

-J
  15. Nikon Collector
    Nikon Collector
    Wasn't a pre AI, but bought 3 broken camera's for less than $10. One was a FG that I wanted the rewind knob off of. When I got them I found a perfectly functional chrome FG with dead batteries.
  16. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Well, there you go. Guess it was the seller's loss. Kinda like the FT2 that I mentioned in my previous post. When it arrived, the seller had shipped it Priority. Got the camera, lens, and manual for $0.70. Granted, it has become $192.70, plus tax, due to a full overhaul I had done, plus a refoam job, and installation of the J screen in place of the K screen. Also swapped the lens out for one with a factory AI ring that I'd purged last fall due to haze, which was cleaned up by Ralph's and my camera repairman. Latest scores, since the FT2:

Black Nikon FM2n that needed some work (still does, but it's fully useable at the moment) with a 50f1.8 Series E
    Chrome Nikkormat FT3 with erratic meter - gave that and the Series E to a friend of mine who is going to use it as a guinea pig for working on cameras
    MD-11 for the FM2n - yeah, no meter timer - going to see if someone can transfer the MD-12 circuitry into the 11, since the 11 has an all-metal handgrip
    50f1.4 AI Nikkor - replaced the AI'd Nikkor-S with it, wanted something a little lighter
    MF-16 back - actually got this before the FM2n came
    35-105 AIS Nikkor zoom, traded, along with an SB-17 in on a 24f2.8 Nikkor-NC with AI ring
    my old chrome Nikomat FTn with its non-AI 50f2 Nikkor-H. Donating the body to the World Rotational Beatermat project on Nikonians, after the original body went MIA. Keeping the lens for use on one of the black 'mats.

I also picked up a black F2 Photomic as a donor for some parts that the F2A needed. Purged it, the chrome Nikkormat FT2, and one of the black Nikomat FTn's to help pay for the meter recalibration and refoaming that the other black FTn got. Now have a mechanically perfect black FTn to use with the rest of my Nikon gear...

-J
  17. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Since the last post:

Black F eyelevel finder that was missing some parts and looked fugly - donated for parts purposes
    Replaced MD-11 with a MD-12
    Added a 60-300 Tamron zoom and a couple junk FM series bodies.
    Picked up a 35/2 Nikkor-O non-AI. Need to have ring milled or a #33 AI ring sourced.
    Black FTn was purged, due to an issue with the meter needle cropping up that wasn't covered under warranty. Also was used as payment toward FT2 repairs.
    135/3.5 Nikkor-Q non-AI, early version with no screws on mount, with box, filter datasheet, and bubble, plus "NIKKOR" cap.
    Also received a small NKT bubble case
    Most recently, a chrome late model Nikon F eyelevel finder for $49.50, plus tax. Probably worth $185.00 through Pacific Rim Camera.

-J
  18. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    135/3.5 was purged, when FT2 went back for self-timer repairs. FT3 was received from Richard Wasserman. Body has been refoamed and other repairs to get it functional have been done. Will need a meter overhaul sometime soon, since the variable resistor (aka ring resistor) is quite dirty and causing the needle to be rather jumpy. Also picked up a 35/2.8 Nikkor-S a few days ago. Got an AI ring for it on Wednesday. Finally have said ring attached to lens. So, at least one of my 35mm Nikkors is 100% compatible with all my bodies.

-J
  19. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Got rid of chrome F FTn and a 300/4.5 Nikkor-H that I'd received last weekend, on Tuesday. Am pooling cash together for a 300/4.5 EDIF AIS Nikkor. Also purged FT3 and 50/2 Nikkor-H AI'd for a Gossen Luna-Pro. Got the meter on a straight trade... Yesterday, added a 50/1.4 Nikkor-S non-AI (NPK version with triangle ears and compatibility with #6 ring) that will need to have the slight filter ring dent taken out. Tonight, picked up a Nikkormat FTn in chrome off evilBay for $9.99, plus ship.

-J
  20. John_Nikon_F
    John_Nikon_F
    Now got an F-36 drive with the cordless battery grip. Gave Ralph the other F-36 depicted in my avatar for one of his F bodies this summer. Purged the MD-12, a Hasselblad A12 back, and my 20/3.5 UD mentioned above. Have a very nice chrome Nikomat FTn with 50/1.4 Nikkor-S attached, waiting for me to pick it up from the repair shop. AI-ified my last F2 Photomic with the DP-12 finder from a well-worn F2AS that replaced it. Straight across trade on that...

-J
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin