Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,038   Online: 1003

"System Been Down Long?" Cartoon

1. Ralph Javins
    Good morning; (finally!)

Boy, that was a long down time. The new colors do add something, but I think it is going to take a while to get used to the long scroll to get to the group you want to play in. I have not yet tried to see what the forums look like. I am almost afraid to go there.

While the system was down (remember that cartoon?), one nice thing did come in. There is a type "R" screen here for the Nikon F2AS Black Body. The main thing is the scribed lines to help with the framing and making sure the lines are straight and horizontal (or vertical). But, I also need to clean the new "R" screen. Who knows? Perhaps the previous owner/user was a smoker. There is a slightly tinted stain all over the screen. If my local camera technician cannot help here, I might try to take it out of the frame and put it into one of the ultrasonic bath cleaners.

There are also some eyepiece correction screw-in lenses coming. I have been looking for these things for years, and suddenly there are four +2 diopter lenses on the way to me. While many may not see anything significant about this, trust me, when you reach the point where you too have an excessive accumulation of years, not needing to keep your glasses on while using the camera is a nice bit of a convenience.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin