Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,310   Online: 867

Website Fine Art Publishing

1. pcooklin
    Hi - Christopher. Great idea for a new group.
    I thought Id chime in with my 'publishing'. I update my own website which publishes my own fine art film photography as open and limited edition prints. I would be interested to hear how other members are getting on with online print sales, pricing, mediums and third party publishers (if they use any).

Many thanks.
    Paul
    www.paulcooklin.com
  2. Christopher Walrath
    Christopher Walrath
    Well, I don't sell prints, yet. Still building a portfolio as it were. I use an archaic version of Front Page and publish it through my server (Comcast).

Been using Lulu.com for electronic downloads for the magazine (CIM) and we are just trying their print on demand service for a paper journal. We'll see shortly how that goes.
  3. largeformat pat
    largeformat pat
    Hello,
    I have been playing with my website for online sales. I thought about books. Then decided on a page. It's a shame to see the loss of quality of my large negs. My page is still being constructed, yet is viewable. I went with CLEARHOST as my host. I'm very happy and the deal was quite good to me.
    Pat
  4. Christopher Walrath
    Christopher Walrath
    There CAN be a lot of leeway where website publishing is concerned. For instance, Comcast accepts MS Front Page files for uploading as a ready-made website. This gives a lot of control where repeated and lengthy access to the internet is not necessary.
  5. Polovy
    Polovy
    I tend to go with Blurb.com for book printing rather than Lulu as I use Scribus (open source DTP) to create PDF's and Lulu does not supply all the info I need (as in page size, bleed, gutter, etc). Quality is satisfactory, and using DTP gives me all the control over the publication I want.

Website is on its way, but I still need more pics, and well... Good Scanners are a bit expensive for me at the moment.
  6. RDWestPR
    RDWestPR
    I'm not a fan of 'flash driven' websites. They are much harder to SEO and many devices no longer support it. Exposer maters, even if the viewer is on a tablet.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin