Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,797   Online: 838

Might be the oldest question of all - HFT or not?

1. Slixtiesix
    Hi friends,

what is your opinion on the HFT lenses vs the older ones? Which do you use and why? I have 3 lenses so far: 120/5,6 S-Planar (non-HFT), Planar 80/2,8 (HFT) and Sonnar 250/5,6 (HFT). I made the experience that, though I like it best of the bunch, the S-Planar flared terribly when I shot it against sunlight (but I have to admit that I hadn┤t used a shade then), whereas I barely saw a difference, if at all, when I compared color-slides I had shot with both the HFT-Planar and the S-Planar at sunset time, with the sun beeing already beneath the horizon. I will do a more "scientific" comparison for myself when I got the time and the sun is more intense, but however, what are your experiences?

Best regards and a happy new year,
    Benjamin
  2. robertjonesphoto
    robertjonesphoto
    You know, that's an excellent question, one I had not considered. My experience has been equal, through hundreds of rolls of film. However, that's because when using either lens, I always use a lens hood when approaching anything near indirect sunlight around the edges, and when shooting towards the sun (usually low on the horizon) I usually stack a red and an orange filter shooting b/w, so that mitigates it anyhow. That's my 2p.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin