Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,122   Online: 1046

Orms discontinuing E6 processing

1. Ricus.stormfire
    Hi guys

Got an email from Orms today. They are giving up on E6 processing (slide film). here is the message:

"Dearest Client,

After much thought and consideration, we have made the decision to stop our E6 processing service.

Our E6 processing machine requires a certain amount of film to be processed every day in order to ensure that the chemicals remain regulated, and with the decline in numbers of E6 film being processed, we will soon be unable to maintain the high standard of quality that you have come to expect from us.

We will certainly miss E6 and it is with a heavy heart that we must say goodbye to the slide process. The final date for E6 processing will be Friday 28th February 2014.

It is important to note that all C41 processing services will continue. Fujifilm slide film will still be available to purchase after this date, and we can still cross-process E6 film in C41 chemicals for the Lomography look.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our lab manager Aimee van Heerden at aimee@orms.co.za for more information.

Yours sincerely,
    Mike Ormrod"

sad news but I do understand their point. So all you guys in the Cape should probably get your film in soon. and then, well either send up to Gauteng or DiY it.
  2. erich potgieter
    erich potgieter
    Orms gave me the number of a guy called Ron Lewis in PTA, I called him today, seems very old-school (e.g. does not seem to have email!) but says he will happily do E6 processing and still seems to do quite a bit. I will give him a try.
  3. Ricus.stormfire
    Ricus.stormfire
    Thanks Erich, and welcome to the group.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin