Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,921   Online: 989

What films?

1. Murray Kelly
    I have a rather large supply of ImageLink HQ and a bunch of BlueFire (Copex Rapid). Any one in the group had happy results with developers for these microfilms? I have been trying all sorts of developers. Some are the highly dilute versions which haven't worked for me. It seems the high dilution is used to achieve a lower pH than normal. There are better and more predictable ways.
    My conclusion is that a developer that is 'sturdy' but with a low pH (eg Technidol) is starting to give me something like pictorial results. Something like Soemarko LC-1.
    Comments, please.
    Murray
  2. ishutteratthethought
    ishutteratthethought
    I am all about the web for information.
    Check this out Murray, may be of some help.
    http://photo.net/black-and-white-pho...g-forum/00B2db
    Steve
  3. Murray Kelly
    Murray Kelly
    Yes, Steve. I found that, too. It is fairly typical in having such a contrasting range of opinions and ways to develop the IL HQ.
    I'll continue with my low pH metol experiments, I think.!
    Murray
  4. Iantoz
    Iantoz
    Hi, I have a few Fujicolor Superia 200 asa twin packs that I am willing to sell. I bought them for the cassettes to load with B&W film. I don't need them all and I'm quite happy to sell a few to help cover my costs.
    If you're interested please contact me. What I would really like is a 110 negative holder for my Plustek 7200 scanner. Any help in finding one would be much appreciated.
    David.
  5. Grif
    Grif
    Did you ever find a developer that satisfied you?
  6. Removed Account2
    Negative holder : I would like one for my Canon 8800 scanner, as I saw one gentleman making a film cutter thingie, I was wiondering if anyone had made their own negative holder, or know of a net-resource for plans of one
  7. Grif
    Grif
    Hey Murry,,, have you tried anything like this on your microfilm?
    Adotech CMS developer
  8. Murray Kelly
    Murray Kelly
    No, Grif. I think it would all turn out to be way out of my price range if you include the cost of P&P. Allegedly good stuff tho, from reading the mail.
    Next I want to try SLIMT using a pre-bath of dilute Pot ferricyanide like the author says he has success with on TechPan.
    http://www.davidkachel.com/

Murray
  9. Grif
    Grif
    Have you access to chemicals to brew up PMK yourself?
  10. Murray Kelly
    Murray Kelly
    Yes, Grif. Just enough pyrogallol for a batch of 100ml of stock A. Why?
    Murray
  11. Grif
    Grif
    I keep looking at the microfilm offerings for the 16mm's, but really don't want to do the homework necessary to get good results. Just hoping for a chance to plagerise a bit. ;-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin