Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,610   Online: 1058

Your eight print exchange prints are due May 1st!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. slumry
    We know that there will eventually be a show of the "Tonopah Prints" at the NY Museum of Modern Art, we should just speed up the process and send a set directly to them. Maybe Jaime can go over there and negotiate a nice fat fee for us all.
  2. mike c
    mike c
    Jay,sent off in mail this morning.I'm not a slacker,just a little slow.
  3. Don12x20
    Don12x20
    Jay
    Mine are going out Thursday night - you'll have them on Friday via Priority mail...
  4. jaimeb82
    jaimeb82
    My lawyers are talking to their lawyers, we may have to wait for Cartier-Bresson to finish his exhibit. ;-)
  5. Jim Graves
    Jim Graves
    Hey ... maybe we could just exchange them in Tonopah at the November 2010 workshop ... waddyathink?
  6. mike c
    mike c
    It would probably be faster.
  7. Don12x20
    Don12x20
    Hi, Guys
    I am ready to send but don't have Jay's address
    Can someone PM (NOT POST IT HERE) his address?
    Thanks

FYI my prints- (my lasarjet jammed last night - I was going to include the information but you'll have to print it yourself)
    made with Cooke soft focus lens (36 inch coated 1956 version), Ron Lee special shutter 1/8 sec f5.6 on TMY 8x10 negative.
    Scanned and processed to create a perfect green negative.
    Then printed Pd/Pt (NA2) on Platine paper, and developed using special developer mixture.
  8. Don12x20
    Don12x20
    thanks, got the address
  9. Jim Graves
    Jim Graves
    Mine are printed and drying over night ... just need to be run through the dry mount press (fiber) to flatten them and then they'll be on their way.
  10. Don12x20
    Don12x20
    So,Jim
    did you do carbons?
  11. Jim Graves
    Jim Graves
    Nope ... that was the plan but I ended up having to do regular old silver gelatins on fiber paper. I tried doing carbons at the Yosemite workshop (which you should attend with me next year ... it'll be my 3rd year) but made the mistake of trying new substrates (Yupo and RC paper) and was foiled mightily in the effort. I'm going to x-ray film substrates next ... I've used them in workshops ... they're a little thicker than the litho negs I'm used to but they seem to work fine. I may still get them done and send them out individually ... this image makes a nice print and a really nice carbon ... and it is very easy to print ... we'll see. I am planning to do the Tonopah workshop again this November ... so if we do another print exchange ... .
  12. mike c
    mike c
    Jim in hind site I would have liked to do either carbon or pt/pa,had to contact print the photos anyways.Want to make one of those black lit box like Per has.
  13. Jay Decker
    Jay Decker
    The last two boxes of prints arrived today...

I intend to sort, package, and label them this weekend and ship them next week.
  14. markbarendt
    markbarendt
    Yeah,

Thanks Jay!
  15. Jay Decker
    Jay Decker
    It is going to be a few more days before I can ship the prints. The largest print is too big to ship in the envelopes that I have, so I have to find the something that I can ship them in. It is really going to be worth it...
  16. jaimeb82
    jaimeb82
    Nice! Thanks for being the organizer Jay!
  17. mike c
    mike c
    Jay,did you figure out postage yet.Don't want to have it come out of your own pocket if we did not send enough.
  18. Jay Decker
    Jay Decker
    Mike - I'll find out tomorrow on costs. The prints are packaged and ready to mail. Expect them to arrive Wednesday or Thursday...
  19. mike c
    mike c
    All right Jay!!!" you da Man".
  20. Jim Graves
    Jim Graves
    Yes, let us know ... so we can cover your costs.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin