Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,474   Posts: 1,570,975   Online: 833

Websites?

1. Robert Brummitt
    I want to know how many of you have websites?
    What is it for? Marketing or show and tell?
    Is it visited much?
    How much did or do you pay for it?
    Did you pay to have a designer create it or did you do it yourself?
    Do you see a benefit?
    I'm asking for a feel of what is happening out there? I have a thought and I want to get a better feel about it. I chat with other photographs and they say, "Do you have a site?" or "See my work at www."
    I don't have a site. I use flicker, and forums such as this and Facebook.
    Love to hear what you have to say?
  2. M Stat
    M Stat
    Hi Robert. Over two months since the last post and zero replies to the previous one. I hope that everyone is either on vacation or out photographing. But to get to your question, I, for one, do not have a web site, but I intend to build one soon. It seems that if you have any inkling to marketing your work, a web site is pretty much essential these days. It's like having a business card. Everyone assumes that you have one , don't really care if you do, but notice it when you don't.
  3. M Stat
    M Stat
    Hi Robert. Over two months since the last post and zero replies to the previous one. I hope that everyone is either on vacation or out photographing. But to get to your question, I, for one, do not have a web site, but I intend to build one soon. It seems that if you have any inkling to marketing your work, a web site is pretty much essential these days. It's like having a business card. Everyone assumes that you have one , don't really care if you do, but notice it when you don't.
  4. flash26c
    flash26c
    Hey Robert, I use Zenfolio at a cost of $100 per year. Many styles to chose from and people can buy photos from there supplied by Mpix. You set the price, Mpix does the work, you get some money (hopefully). Ron Westphal (Once Upon A Pixel)
  5. Robert Brummitt
    Robert Brummitt
    I have been gone. Photographing in Mexico myself. No film cameras, used my D300. Plus I have volunteered my services to photograph community activities for Shriners and THPRD and soon Schoolhouse. I have images on Dpug. If you are a member to that forum, please check out my gallery.
    I'm on the fence regarding websites, I have Facebook and other sites friends and some family can see what I'm doing, I'm not interested in marketing. Been there and done it. Not my cup of tea.
    I mostly photograph for myself. But I can see the benefit for showing work to people at large. I can also see how it could be a great tool. But again, I have a problem of shelling out 70-90 dollars a year for a site.
    Then there is the designing of the site, what to include and biography or artist statements. I don't talk about myself. (At lease not in public. :-) ) I rather read, discuss and think about other things and people.
    So I'll just sit for now.
    Mike are you going to Terri's memorial?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin