Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,285   Online: 875

What happened to all the old threads?

1. gmikol
    This maybe something I need to contact Sean about...

Does anyone know what happened to all the old threads? There are only 5 (fairly recent) threads, 6 if you include this one. I know there were a lot more than that. I wonder if something got messed up in the server move?

If nobody knows here, I'll PM Sean.

--Greg
  2. Robert Brummitt
    Robert Brummitt
    Hi Greg.
    I cleaned out old threads. Things that were over a year old or had to do with items that have passed ie shows or benefit events.
    Sorry that I caused you alarm. I just like to have a tidy sub forum.
    Sorry again.
    R
  3. dwross
    dwross
    Well, I really don't show up enough to have an opinion (it's all about my resolution --bordering on religion-- to spend less time at a computer) but I feel like someone burned the family albums.
    Denise
  4. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Denise may have a point there. Having acquired an excessive accumulation of years, the older messages were something that I would consult occasionally to help remembering someone's name, which is a problem that seems to occur much more often now.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  5. Robert Brummitt
    Robert Brummitt
    Give me a break! I removed announcements for shows, the John Wimberley
    Benefit, workshops that happen years ago. There was nothing of current information.
  6. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, Robert;

OK. We can do that. Do you have any preferences for what part of you is preferred for us to break?

"There was nothing of current information." Really? I was trying to remember the name of one of the people associated with the event in Vancouver, and also at the PAC in Newport. As mentioned before, some of these neurons have been around for a while, and it helps to have a reminder for refreshing them. Even the RAM in our computers has a refresh cycle.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  7. Robert Brummitt
    Robert Brummitt
    Everyone's a comedian!
    Sorry if I removed your listing of names. But, like I said before I removed mostly shows, workshops, and time sensitive matters.
    I figure that why take up space with old info to make room for new. I mean some of the postings go back several years.
    Next time, I'll let everyone know before I clean house. How does that sound to you Don Rickles?
    I see that we had 115 members now we're back to 114. Oh well. As Lincon had said, "You can't please all the people all the time."
  8. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Or, should I be asking; "Is anyone still out there?" It has been a while since anyone has posted anything on the group. I know that people are still here. Dennis Purdy and Robert Brummitt are still down in Portland. I think that Denise is still in Newport. I know that Dennis is still up on Vancouver Island and Matt and Gail King are still in the Vancouver area of BC. We still have a few here in Latte Land. What has been happening?

Has anyone else been taking photographs? Buying lenses? Buying new cameras? Discovered a wonderful new place for photographs? Added to their ability to make prints, perhaps by supplementing the darkroom with a new film scanner and computer program? Been doing things other than photography?

Boy, that last question has really hit hard in my life. You may recall the old definition of a "boat." I have found something worse. It is called an "airplane." Now things have slowed down a little and I am back to doing things with photography again. My cameras have even been up in the air.

Enjoy;

Ralph
    Latte Land, Washington
  9. dwross
    dwross
    Hi Ralph,

Nice to hear your 'voice'! Yep, I'm still a beachbum. Still a film camera nut. I had a Yashica TLR out at the Yaquina Lighthouse yesterday. Great fun.

And, I'd still like to talk about having regular film camera get-togethers in Newport. Last time I brought that up, Robert strongly objected and erased the thread, but perhaps this time we could make it a go. I'll check back here a couple a times a week to take the pulse of the idea. Fingers crossed for a summer kick-off!

Denise
  10. dwross
    dwross
    Bump-a-post, with an additional thought. I would love to host a monthly Newport film camera get-together. Very informal, at least until there's interest in something more organized. I'd like the first Saturday of the month. If a couple of other people could host the 2nd, 3rd, and/or 4th Saturdays in their area, our film cameras would have options to come out and play. Say Seattle, Portland, and Southern Oregon or Northern California. Travel or stay closer to home, as circumstances allow, but most people could get in at least one film camera shoot a month. I'd love to see the old-timers help the young'uns learn film. I know I learned photography that way. But, mostly, I'm just thinking casual fun and a chance to be with other film folk.

Denise
    LF and 120 roll film
    Newport, Oregon
  11. M Stat
    M Stat
    Six full months, a whole half a year since my announcement of Zeb Andrews appearing on "Oregon Artbeat". Still no responses, I thought I had killed this web page. Its good to see that we are all still here. By the way, Happy Spring everybody!
  12. dwross
    dwross
    I hope there are still some of us here! I think maybe (??) it's been a really hectic half year for everyone. Or at least distracting. I know I feel that way. I think I'll start a new thread and see what happens!
    d

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin