Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,184   Online: 798

Seattle Film Photographers Meet-up

1. MSchuler
    In Seattle, we have had some fairly active gatherings recently through the following group:

http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Film-Photographers/

I would highly recommend it for local analog photographers interested in getting together in person.
  2. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Well, I tried.

This morning I was at Le Pichet restaurant on 1st Avenue in Seattle (otherwise known as Latte Land) just after they opened at 8:00 AM this morning. The young waitress there did know about the U. S. Pacific Northwest Regional Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and the Soon to Be State of Jefferson photography group of APUG, and the table where they normally sat. I took a place there and began to wait. I did have coffee (this is Seattle) along with some pain et burre, et aussi yacourt. Some time after 9:00 AM, I did leave. The time on my parking meter was about to run out, and I had to go.

So, the group was truly represented at le Pichet restaurant, although I do not know if I did an acceptable job of it. That was my first meeting, and I had no guidelines to help me, nor anyone experienced who could tutor me. But I can proudly claim that APUG was present and represented this morning. Maybe another weekend in the future there will be more people.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  3. MSchuler
    MSchuler
    Ralph,

Sorry that you were not able to connect with the group. I did not attend, but the three people who apparently did should have been pretty conspicuous. However, if you got there first and they weren't expecting you (or if it wasn't obvious that you were a film photographer - that is, with a film camera out on the table), they may have taken another table so as not to disturb you. I'll ask.

I'd recommend RSVPing through the Meetup website, so that attendees are on the lookout for you and also because the venue sometimes changes (it's on Capital Hill tomorrow).

I've attended on about five occasions and there it is generally a pretty lively group, so I hope you can make it in the future.
  4. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning, all;

It being that time of the year, Happy Holidays, all, and that does include Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Yule, Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, and even Happy New Year. I am sure someone will remind me of what I have left out.

Keep your camera (and film) handy during this time of the year. With the traditional family gatherings that take place, this is a very good time to record who was there and to have photographs of them. In the case of many of us who are developing an excessive accumulation of years, taking a photograph of them now could prove to be fortuitous, regardless of their objections now.

Hopefully the coming year will also have many opportunities for you to take photographs of the many things that happen, and things that are beautiful, and are worthy of being recorded with your camera.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  5. M Stat
    M Stat
    Bon hiver and happy Solstice, Ralph. Are we the only two left who still visit this page? I wish I had heard your advice a week or two ago. On the occasion of my father's 91st birthday, I uncharacteristically found myself without my trusty Nikon to record the event of my three brothers, myself and my father all together in the same place (which hasn't happened since my mother's funeral two years ago and before that, who can remember) . My wife also left her digital Sony camera at home, so there was only my sister in law's crappy little I-phone. The resulting photograph left so much to be desired. The wide lens created the worst pin cushion distortion that my two brothers who stood near the margins looked almost demonic. Well, I'm hoping that my dad will survive at least until next year for a better photo shoot.
  6. Terry Breedlove
    Terry Breedlove
    I would love to meetup some Saturday if this is still going on.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin