Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,318   Online: 1013

Seattle Film Photographers Meet-up

1. MSchuler
    In Seattle, we have had some fairly active gatherings recently through the following group:

http://www.meetup.com/Seattle-Film-Photographers/

I would highly recommend it for local analog photographers interested in getting together in person.
  2. Ralph Javins
    Ralph Javins
    Good morning;

Well, I tried.

This morning I was at Le Pichet restaurant on 1st Avenue in Seattle (otherwise known as Latte Land) just after they opened at 8:00 AM this morning. The young waitress there did know about the U. S. Pacific Northwest Regional Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and the Soon to Be State of Jefferson photography group of APUG, and the table where they normally sat. I took a place there and began to wait. I did have coffee (this is Seattle) along with some pain et burre, et aussi yacourt. Some time after 9:00 AM, I did leave. The time on my parking meter was about to run out, and I had to go.

So, the group was truly represented at le Pichet restaurant, although I do not know if I did an acceptable job of it. That was my first meeting, and I had no guidelines to help me, nor anyone experienced who could tutor me. But I can proudly claim that APUG was present and represented this morning. Maybe another weekend in the future there will be more people.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
  3. MSchuler
    MSchuler
    Ralph,

Sorry that you were not able to connect with the group. I did not attend, but the three people who apparently did should have been pretty conspicuous. However, if you got there first and they weren't expecting you (or if it wasn't obvious that you were a film photographer - that is, with a film camera out on the table), they may have taken another table so as not to disturb you. I'll ask.

I'd recommend RSVPing through the Meetup website, so that attendees are on the lookout for you and also because the venue sometimes changes (it's on Capital Hill tomorrow).

I've attended on about five occasions and there it is generally a pretty lively group, so I hope you can make it in the future.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin