Tried both the described process and c-41 development on ecn-2 film.
The reason i had to do the development was to test an old Bolex 16mm camera that i am using for a stop motion project. Since i am shooting on Kodak vision 3, 500T i used a strip of this film for testing purposes. The scanning was done on an Imacon Flextight 848
I have now tried both c-41(in a automatic jobo machine) and the described ecn-2 (in a fully manual Lomo tank) recipe on kodak vision 3, 500T, and I must say that for testing exposure and focus, both methods worked. Rem-jet was removed after the last wash, but before final rinse.
For the ecn-2 process every step of the recipe was followed except:
I could not get hold of CD-3 in powdered form, so i chose to use the color developer part B supplied with kodak E-6 kits. I believe they contain the same chemicals but i am not 100% sure. I used 50 ml of this for one liter, and therefore used 50 ml less of distilled water.
I only had Acetic Acid 85,5%, so i used 12,5ml of this and filled up with water to make 1 Liter.
During the mixing i used different measuring glasses for each chemical and in overall followed Kodaks advice on solution mixing supplied in their manual for ecn-2 processing: http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploadedFiles/h2407.pdf
The processing was done using kodaks description for sink line processing c-4:1 http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/...ls/z131_03.pdf
but with addition of the stop bath which i guesstimated from the ecn-2 processing manual to be 2 minutes (but maybe this was to little?).
Unfortunately the finished precessed film suffered from a slight Prussian blue (cyanish) tint, but not to such a degree that it couldn't be corrected in photoshop after scanning. A slight lack of contrast, compared to normal c-41 film was also noticed.
I believe the Prussian blue tint could have come from to little or to much? washing after the stop and that the pH of the bleach went below 6.0 because of this .
The result was good enough to check exposure,etc, and confirm that the camera was working, and (just for fun) printing out some of the pictures that were color corrected in photoshop.
I believe the resulting negatives would not be satisfactory for darkroom paper printing , because of the Prussian blue tint, and a slight lack of contrast.
Processing the film in c-41 chemicals in a jobo machine did no harm to the equipment (but maybe because it was just a 50 cm strip) or the film, and actually gave better results than the ecn-2 process, but i have no idea how the negatives will manage over time. But I will claim that for just equipment testing, c-41 process is the simplest and the best. Just remember to remove the rem-jet from the film and clean it properly during the final wash.