'Heritage is Alive' Amateur Photography Competition
Just received some information about a competition being run by Meath Tourism and thought that people might interested (Peter?), not sure about the prizes!
Organised by Meath Tourism and the Office of Public Works.
Closing date for receipt of entries is Friday May 2nd 2008.
County Meath, Ireland’s Heritage Capital is rich in heritage, history and tradition. This is your chance to capture County Meath’s vibrant heritage in a photograph and share it. We are looking for photographs on:
* Heritage Sites
* Events and Festivals
* Towns and Villages
* Landscape, Plants and Wildlife
There are 3 categories:
1. Under 10 years of age on 2nd May 2008
2. 10 years –17 years on 2nd May 2008
3. Adult (18 years & over)
Conditions of Entry
1. Please submit printed photographs to Photography Competition, Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre, Donore, Co. Meath to reach us by Friday 2nd of May at 4.30pm. Entries will not be accepted by Email.
2. Photographs must be a minimum 10 x 8 inches in size (either portrait or landscape type) and must have been taken by the entrant in County Meath. Images that have been previously published will not be accepted.
3. Photographs cannot be returned.
4. Entrant's name, address, telephone number and age (if under 18) and the location of the photograph should be written clearly on the back of the photograph.
5. The winners will be presented with their prize on Tuesday May 20th in Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre.
6. A selection of entries will be displayed in Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre from May 20th-23rd June.
7 Meath Tourism and the OPW reserve the right to reproduce any of the photographs.
8. One overall prize of €200 will be awarded along with prizes in each category. Full details of prizes on www.meathtourism.ie .
9. Winners will be asked to submit their photograph in digital format.
10. Judges' decision is final.Further enquiries to Brú na Bóinne Tel : 041 9880300.
Information is on http://www.meath.ie/Tourism/Eventsan...,30423,en.html
Overall Prize of €200 awarded
Prizes for Categories Under 10
1. Class Trip to Causey Farm Halloween Experience
2. Mystery Prize
3. Mystery Prize
4. Family pass to Newgrange Farm
5. Family pass to Newgrange Farm
6. Family pass to Newgrange Farm
7. Family pass to Newgrange Farm
8. Family pass to Newgrange Farm
Prizes for 10-17 Age category
1. €150 voucher for Venue Theatre, Ratoath
2. Family Angling Ticket to Rathbeggan Lakes, Dunshaughlin. Bring your family of up to 4 people to try their hand at Fly Fishing, Bait Fishing, spinning or farm activities at Rathbeggan Lakes
3 Mystery Prize
4 & 5 OPW Heritage Cards for a Family, Value 55 Euro each
6. Go-Karting for 2 people at Puddenhill Activity Centre
7. Mystery Prize
8. Mystery Prize
Prizes for Adult Category
1. Mystery Prize
2. 1 night B&B at Marriott Ashbourne Hotel for two people
3. Meal for 2 @ The Russell Restaurant, Navan
4. 50.00 Euro Voucher for Jules Restaurant at Trim Castle Hotel
5. 50.00 Euro voucher for Solstice Arts Centre, Railway Street, Navan, Co. Meath
6. 50.00 Euro Voucher for Brú na Bóinne Tea Rooms
7 Mystery Prize
8. Mystery Prize
Meath Tourism Ltd.
Ashbourne Civic Offices
Tel: +353 (0) 1 835 8022