"Duct Taped" 4x5 Camera
I recently found an old Burke and James 4x5 studio camera in my school's photo room. It was without a lens or lensboard but had everything else.
Expressing interest, my teacher let me take it home. I managed to make a lensboard out of an old DVD cases and fit on (albeit with a lot of duct and masking tape) a Kodak Ektar 127mm f/4.7 lens I took off an old Graflex press camera.
I have a box of Arista EDU 100 film and I managed to develop a sheet in my normal 120 film tank. I used my own Caffenol-C recipe for the developer.
I am surprised by the size, although I have shot a lot of 6x9. I did a quick low quality scan.
I can read the text clearly on the screen:
Just wanted to share my first REAL large format experience!
necessity is the mother of invention !
great work :)
Congratulations on your ingenuity.
I think that use of blue duct tape made all the difference. It might not have worked with Olive Drab or Silver duct tape. Good work. Welcome to LF!
I like the bottle cap on the end of the cable release. :D
Another great use of Alabama chrome.
Yes, congrats on your ingenuity. Well done!
Originally Posted by Chazzy
Welcome to the dark side, soon you will be caring around a 8x20 camera... ;)
Great. Now go back and try out the press camera too. You'll find this stuff pretty addictive...