MSA July/August 2012: "Between Sharp and Unsharp"
Thanks Noons, and I'll try again!
Two months earlier than usual, here is my new topic. "Between Sharp and Unsharp".
For example: movements, moved water or clouds, shots in haze and mist, long-time exposures in the dusk or dark, moved speedshots, selective sharpness, moved camera, etc.
So anything with a sharp and an unsharp or blurred area.
A tripod is often very useful in this type of photography.
I will show some examples later.
For any new readers, here's the basic idea of the MSA : (copy)
1. Take note of the MSA assignment, which will be inserted into the title of this thread.
2. Take your photo(s) according to the assignment guidelines. Try to shoot something new rather than grabbing from your archives.
3. You can post your photo in the MSA Gallery or, you can host your photo elsewhere and link to it in this thread, or, you can post it as an attachment to a message here in this thread and it will show as a clickable thumbnail.
4. It's all for fun, there are no prizes, but at the end of the MSA, a previous winner will choose a new assignment and a new "victim" to lead the MSA in the next two months.
5. How to upload: the same as in the standard gallery, press upload, then push on the "Categorie", you find a drop-down menu and press the Monthly Shooting Asignment, it’s placed under the "Member organized functions" and enter the rest, thats it. If you aren't a subscriber, you cannot upload to the galleries so subscribe first.
Between sharp and unsharp: distance
I've shoot this today at home with the lens diaphragm wide open and available light. cambo 120 mm, F8 - 1/2 sec. Ilford FP4 + HC110
Between sharp and unsharp: Fading shadow
Fading shadow, sharp to unsharp.
I am exercising with eggs and fading shadows. This is daylight, scan for now.
Cambo and 210 mm, Ilford MG neg.